» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ok.....Storm. Walleye. Crappie.
crappeeeman
Posted: May 15, 2024 - 11:19 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 18589

Thank you for the comments, I will update tonight. Have to get in the car and go down to Kitchener, to see my dad in the hospital. No need for worry, he always bounces back. It's never a bad time to think positive. Fishing teaches us some interesting lessons from time to time. Life teaches us lessons every day. Stay safe.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 15, 2024 - 06:09 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Icemanjay @ May 14, 2024 - 07:38 pm)
Sounds like a great time, I’ve been itching to get out, hopefully I will soon. Good luck tonight man!

Thanks for the good luck Iceman, it was a good night again last night. Except it rained again steady for three hours. Good luck when you get out after the fish.

PMEmail Poster
toothhealer88
Posted: May 15, 2024 - 06:30 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 689

Great report as usual, smash em .

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: May 15, 2024 - 06:34 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10648

Thanks for the report Jamie and BTW......your photo skills are so improved from the past....well done and enjoy the eats.

Arnie

PMEmail PosterYahoo
crappeeeman
Posted: May 15, 2024 - 06:38 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (nominee @ May 14, 2024 - 08:30 pm)
QUOTE (crappeeeman @ May 14, 2024 - 04:04 pm)
Large bobber with two weights on it and a quarter ounce jig casts a good 20 yards further than smaller set ups

Is that a slip bobber? If so, how do you control the depth?

And if you don’t mind me asking, what brand are those little grubs with the 3 tentacles?

Found it! Hot chicken LOL

https://www.tackledepot.ca/products/strike-...ic-grub-15-pack

I use these rubber stoppers on braided line above the bobber. And a bead goes below the bobber to protect the bottom of the bobber stem from smacking the swivel when casting. I put two stoppers on top, one at five feet and the other just slides up or down to 2 or 3 feet without looking at it in the dark. It just a quick way to change depths in half of a second. I could have 10 feet of water on one side of the boat and 2 feet on the other side. A quick slide and you are casting again. Some clip on bobbers can damage fishing line and slip out of place as well. I have seen people lose fish when the line breaks at the bobber. I also put a rubber stopper at the swivel to protect the knot.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 15, 2024 - 06:44 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Fozzy47 @ May 15, 2024 - 06:54 am)
It's always nice to see a post from Crappeeeman. Always have great pics and good info.

thx,

Thanks Fozzy. There is a few bad pictures in this report. Two days of rain was getting on my nerves a bit last night.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 15, 2024 - 06:45 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (toothhealer88 @ May 15, 2024 - 06:30 pm)
Great report as usual, smash em .

Thanks very much. It was a lucky night.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 15, 2024 - 06:50 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (longfish @ May 15, 2024 - 06:34 pm)
Thanks for the report Jamie and BTW......your photo skills are so improved from the past....well done and enjoy the eats.

Arnie

Thank you Arnie, I am sure there will be some blurry ones when the weather is chilly and wet like the last two nights. Here is another picture of the storm we had Monday night.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 15, 2024 - 07:07 pm

World Record Trout

Update from last night. Monday night almost all the fish were caught on a jig and a Joker bait. Tuesday night was all about crankbaits. Only used two, one gold at bit deep, and one silver very shallow, only 18 inches under the surface. Caught quite a few bluegill from about 8pm until way after dark. Rained steady for about three hours and stopped after midnight I think. Lots of rock bass again but not as many walleye or crappie last night. Only saw one boat screaming across the lake before it rained. Here is a picture of the average walleye on the silver crank.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 15, 2024 - 07:12 pm

World Record Trout

One of the many bluegill on a gold crank. I always put small fish in the live well or bucket at night, then take the hook out carefully in the dark. It's very easy to injure the fish or yourself with artificial light, and shadows, and rain, or cold or waves etc. etc. Action shot. It's not my fault. He would not sit still, so it's blurry.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 15, 2024 - 07:20 pm

World Record Trout

I did keep one walleye last night. This fish was thick and fat and will taste good next time we go back up to see the family. Sorry about the picture, my phone was dead. So this screen shot is all I have. Fished for a few more hours after the rain finally stopped, then got some sleep. Was planning on fishing a few more days and nights, but as mentioned we will be hanging around the hospital in Kitchener until he gets out, or breaks out. No worries.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
flexkk
Posted: May 15, 2024 - 08:46 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 13479

Great job CM as usual. Best wishes for your dad. I plan on heading out Thursday night but i wont stay out as late as you. I hope to fish Saturday and Sunday as well and maybe Monday morning. Friday looks rainy good day to sleep in. Good luck when you get back out

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 16, 2024 - 11:06 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (flexkk @ May 15, 2024 - 08:46 pm)
Great job CM as usual. Best wishes for your dad. I plan on heading out Thursday night but i wont stay out as late as you. I hope to fish Saturday and Sunday as well and maybe Monday morning. Friday looks rainy good day to sleep in. Good luck when you get back out

Thank you flexkk. I should wheel this into the hospital so my dad can do some fishing. LOL. Good luck on the weekend, I think it will be busy out there. Just checked the weather, stick to your favourite spots on Balsam. You fish some of the same areas I do. You couldn't ask for a better few days of perfect walleye wind on the east side of Balsam. If anybody else is going out, here is a small suggestion. The fishing will be great from North end (Cobakonk) down to the south bay. Try staying along the eastern shoreline right in the wind line where it starts to push the water. Whenever the wind dies down it's time to use a deeper bait. The walleye and crappie will be on fire on Balsam until next Tuesday. Trust me!! If my dad was not where he is, I would have stayed up at the lake until next week and fished non stop, or at least as long as possible. LOL. If any of you have children, the docks and shorelines will be filled with panfish this long weekend. More than the usual. Good luck everyone. Please stay safe.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: May 16, 2024 - 08:13 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

thanks for posting

lots of detais........that's good

I also love float fishing, but do it with mono or flouro

really like that you constantly make references to fish release......big or small we all need to take care of that which we release

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
nominee
Posted: May 16, 2024 - 09:17 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17402

QUOTE (crappeeeman @ May 15, 2024 - 06:38 pm)
I use these rubber stoppers on braided line above the bobber….

Thank you for educating me on this! Back to the tackle store for me

Hope your Dad is feeling better CM!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!