Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fishing from shore with the kids, Shore fishing
avgefisherman
Posted: May 28, 2024 - 08:55 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 2365

Hello fellow anglers, seeking a little help my buddy and I want to take our kid's camping and fishing. we don't have a bait just want to be fishing from shore camp out drink a few beers while we fish from shore with the kids. We live in Kitchener, so somewhere close don't want to travel 2 or 3 hrs. Any suggestions would be great Thanks. be safe and tight lines.

PMEmail Poster
Jesse
Posted: May 28, 2024 - 09:36 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 16608

I grew up fishing the grand and conostoga rivers around kw there are a lot of local spots to catch anything and everything try taking the kids to the ponds by Breslau lots of panfish pike bass and carp also lots of walking trails along both rivers and a few dams one in stjacobs another out old king towards Cambridge

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 28, 2024 - 10:45 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

QUOTE (avgefisherman @ May 28, 2024 - 08:55 am)
Hello fellow anglers, seeking a little help my buddy and I want to take our kid's camping and fishing. we don't have a bait just want to be fishing from shore camp out drink a few beers while we fish from shore with the kids. We live in Kitchener, so somewhere close don't want to travel 2 or 3 hrs. Any suggestions would be great Thanks. be safe and tight lines.

Valens Conservation area. Pinehurst Conservation area. Elora Gorge conservation area. Mountsberg Conservation area. Shades Mill conservation area, but no camping at Shades Mill or Mountsberg. Good fishing at all five places, but Elora gorge is really not that safe depending on the age of the children. Lots of current in the river, and many cliffs etc. etc. I don't want to offend you, but alcohol and water is never a good mix. Even if it is just a few beers, you never know what can happen. Good luck, stay safe.

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: May 28, 2024 - 10:08 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10648

QUOTE (crappeeeman @ May 28, 2024 - 10:45 am)

Valens Conservation area. Pinehurst Conservation area. Elora Gorge conservation area. Mountsberg Conservation area. Shades Mill conservation area, but no camping at Shades Mill or Mountsberg. Good fishing at all five places, but Elora gorge is really not that safe depending on the age of the children. Lots of current in the river, and many cliffs etc. etc. I don't want to offend you, but alcohol and water is never a good mix. Even if it is just a few beers, you never know what can happen. Good luck, stay safe.

Yup....enjoy the kids and leave the beer at home.

Arnie

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Dbfish
Posted: May 29, 2024 - 09:13 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

QUOTE (longfish @ May 28, 2024 - 07:08 pm)
QUOTE (crappeeeman @ May 28, 2024 - 10:45 am)

Yup....enjoy the kids and leave the beer at home.

Arnie

x2 Arnie!!

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: May 30, 2024 - 07:32 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

X3, don't need beer to catch fish.

PM
centerspin
Posted: May 30, 2024 - 08:32 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 347

Conestogo (GRCA) used to have camping and you can fish below the Dam. there's also a beach to swim by the boat launch

PMEmail Poster
avgefisherman
Posted: May 30, 2024 - 11:30 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 2365

Thanks for all of your suggestions, a big help.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!