Hunting Forum Hunting Regulations    
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 > »»   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Have Met Alot Of Hunters On Simcoe, Share your deer pics
outdoorsman
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 09:12 am

Adult Trout

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 203

I met a couple more hunters yesterday on Simcoe, seems like hunting and ice fishing attract the same sorts of folks. They are similiar....hours of scenic views, work, weather followed by brief moments of action and excitement....also followed by good eats!!!!

Here is my first buck from this fall. I got his dry score on saturday 147 2/8ths gross... my face hurts from the permanent smile on it. (deer taken with Mathews Switchback xt, easton fmj arrow,luminock, G5 Montec broadhead(no longer use these broadheads, buck was double lunged, ran over 100 yards and very little bloodtrail with a passthru shot) My doe this year was taken with a Muzzy MX3 and dropped within 10 yards of shot.
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Fishsticks
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 10:58 am

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

big 12 point from 2009 season.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
dagoat_1
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 12:04 pm

Fry

Member No.: 10

Beauties boys....
I had tag soup this year just did not have the time to put into it. If all goes well I will be posting next year.
thanks for the pics!!!

PMEmail Poster
nsfisher
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 12:53 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 148

10 Point couple years ago, rack doesn't justify the size of the deer. Was nearly 280 dressed.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
rainbow
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 12:58 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 214

Are you sure that thing ain't half moose???? That thing sure has one heck of a massive body on it.

PMEmail Poster
nsfisher
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 01:40 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Actually never got a true weight. The butcher said it was 300+ but I said 280 cause I never got the real weight.It took three of us 20 mins. to pull it up a small 20' incline maybe 10 degrees of slope. Nobody could beleive the weight, like trying to pull a clam against the breeze on Sat. night LOL Here is another pic. that gives you a better size reference.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
outdoorsman
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 02:44 pm

Adult Trout

I love it!!! Nice deer boys!!!! Didn't anyone get some normal to small deer? Here is a pic of my hunting buds, deer. His first deer with a bow, that's his Mathews Z7 in the pic and me holding up the deer's head, Chad is forum shy.
That is a huge mature buck nfisher, and a 12 pointer for fishsticks, nice work men!

Alot of people don't realize what it takes to get deer like this, they think we walk out and blamo!!!! I have 300 hrs into my buck this year, wife was getting a little tired of it, but glad to see it over with, hehehe.

Chad's
User posted image

PMEmail Poster
rainbow
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 03:46 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 214

My last deer I got with a Dodge Magnum. Actually, my neighbour nailed it with HIS Dodge Magnum and I cleaned it and hauled it to the butcher. Can't see good meat go to waste and the old guy up here makes the best smoked pepperettes on the planet. I told him to start grinding at the nose and don't stop until he hits the tail. I thought his false teeth were going to fall out onto the floor
I got two in the freezer that way this year. Next one I'm going to turn into honey garlic sausages. I'm almost out of them again because everybody asks me for them.
Funny story.... My cousin has a daughter who is a vegan. Ya, ya... I know... I don't undertand it either but it leaves more meat for us normal people. I was cooking at the family picnic last year and I did up 4 different kinds of sausage and made it very clear that the last plate was venison. She came over and put one into a bun and went to bite into it when my cousin came running over and told her that it was venison. "VENISON... as in DEER MEAT, honey" She dropped that sausage like a snake. She thought I had said VEGETARIAN not VENISON. HaHaHa!!! Gave it to the dog. Good thing he ain't vegan!

PMEmail Poster
fishnbuddy
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 04:48 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 111

Nice deer guys. Love hunting stories and pictures as well as fishing. If I can ever figure how to load pics I will. Keep them coming.

PMEmail Poster
Fishsticks
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 08:37 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 15

that 12 point had a 10 point 3 minutes behind it, then an 8 point behind the 10 point. It was quite a sight to see that many nice deer following each others trails.
This is my 8 point from this year, this was following a doe that had passed 5 yards from me earlier in the morning.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
backwoodsmanbob
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 08:38 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Member No.: 98

Thought I would add this in here, who knows the next time I get a tag. Hope the pic works this time

User posted image

PMEmail Poster
nsfisher
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 09:17 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Hey backwoods, some good eatin there!

PMEmail Poster
outdoorsman
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 09:24 pm

Adult Trout

I am hoping to get a chance at a moose this year, my uncle has gotten a couple nice ones with his compound bow. Love the pics and the stories guys. Fishsticks....two beauty bucks man, where abouts you hunting?

PMEmail Poster
backwoodsmanbob
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 09:29 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Member No.: 98

you betcha, every week. there is a story behind this kill, but I hate typing.

PMEmail Poster
nsfisher
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 09:33 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Hey Fishsticks,

I shot the 9 pt and 8 pt 5 mins apart and dropped them 10ft from each other. (Had purchased an extra tag, call me an optimst) I then had a doe and another 8pt come down the same trail and stand over the bucks. I knew my buddy had two tags also but didn't want to end our hunt in the 1st hr so I put my bead on the 8 pt and said BANG! He ran directly toward my buddies stand where he missed with two shots. Could have had a pile of venison laying withing a 20yd circle if I was greedy. LOL I sure thought about it after he missed!

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 > »»  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3