Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> First time doing it myself
Brooger
Posted: Jul 14, 2024 - 10:25 am

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 16987

I have been out on friends boats downrigging and trolling for salmon. Never done it myself and just got my boat set up with the gear to do it. Headed out of Inverhuron last night. Ended the night 1/3. I was quite pleased about that as I was expecting a big skunk for sure since I really don’t know what I’m doing. Lost 2 very good drag screaming fish but managed a decent little coho to the boat. I’m officially obsessed already

PMEmail Poster
Brooger
Posted: Jul 14, 2024 - 10:26 am

Fry

Forgot the pic lol

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: Jul 14, 2024 - 10:36 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 15901

I'd say that was a good first time out.

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Jul 14, 2024 - 10:59 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10648

Congrats. Tight lines. Go get some more. Good to see fish out that way. I will be in Port Elgin in September and taking my kayak with me.

Arnie

PMEmail PosterYahoo
steelheader
Posted: Jul 14, 2024 - 03:03 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 315

Hi Brooger...Well now youve done it ..first time out with new gear and got a nice salmon on your own..Congrats..

However now your hooked...be prepared to spend sleepless nights dreaming of big salmon , out fitting your boat with all the latest gear and not to memtion spending a small fortune on gear and lures..yea your done LOl

There are many on this board that will share info with you as far as tackle and technics ...just ask ..

Feel free to pm me and i,ll be what help I can with my limited fishing knowledge...

Dave

PMEmail Poster
grampa
Posted: Jul 14, 2024 - 04:14 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7317

QUOTE (steelheader @ Jul 14, 2024 - 06:03 pm)
Hi Brooger...Well now youve done it ..first time out with new gear and got a nice salmon on your own..Congrats..

However now your hooked...be prepared to spend sleepless nights dreaming of big salmon , out fitting your boat with all the latest gear and not to memtion spending a small fortune on gear and lures..yea your done LOl

There are many on this board that will share info with you as far as tackle and technics ...just ask ..

Feel free to pm me and i,ll be what help I can with my limited fishing knowledge...

Dave

Dave said it the salmon bug bites hard . Good job

PMEmail Poster
GBayJoe
Posted: Jul 15, 2024 - 07:59 am

Fry

Member No.: 20363

Hi Brooger, well done! I had similar experience with Lakers last year, first time and all. I have not mastered your recently acquired Salmon skills though…looking forward to my first……congrats to you! Would be all ears to learning how you set up…..or from Grandpa or Dave…. Enjoy! Joe.

PMEmail Poster
Brooger
Posted: Jul 15, 2024 - 08:16 am

Fry

I have lots of buddy’s who know the lake pretty good so just followed that advice. Found 80-100 feet and set my lines down to 45ish and 65. Had hits at both depths. I was trolling about 2.6-2.8 mph

PMEmail Poster
Brooger
Posted: Jul 15, 2024 - 08:39 am

Fry

Haha steelheader ain’t that the truth. I feel like I’m about to send the owner of my local tackle stores kids through college already. Lost what felt like a very good fish and I’ve already lost sleep about it

PMEmail Poster
Hunterman
Posted: Jul 15, 2024 - 03:50 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 14832

Ahhh it’s been too long since I last went after salmon!!! I feel your excitement….

PMEmail Poster
steelheader
Posted: Jul 15, 2024 - 07:57 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 315

QUOTE (GBayJoe @ Jul 15, 2024 - 07:59 am)
Hi Brooger, well done! I had similar experience with Lakers last year, first time and all. I have not mastered your recently acquired Salmon skills though…looking forward to my first……congrats to you! Would be all ears to learning how you set up…..or from Grandpa or Dave…. Enjoy! Joe.

Hey man pm me .....Dave

PMEmail Poster
Fishnhunt
Posted: Jul 15, 2024 - 10:19 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 15869

Congrats on your first outing success.Salmon fishing may be the road to ruin but its a fun trip. Lots of good advice and helpful people here. Enjoy the journey.

PMEmail Poster
Fozzy47
Posted: Jul 16, 2024 - 06:51 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 18006

Congrats on your 100% success rate.
Keep it up....lol.
It's nice to bring home dinner, isn't it.

Cheers,

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!