Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> A longer day but got a couple
Flukes
Posted: Yesterday at 10:48 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15807

Out with the family again exploring different waters and also enjoying the amazing colours and the glorious weather this time of year...our favourite time of year (cool but water still warm enough to enjoy the outdoors and most of all no bugs!). Puttered around for a while marking very little and those odd marks here and there didn't seem to be interested in anything so I stopped stopping to try for them. Then we entered a bay and marked lots of bait and then quite a few solid marks in a row so stopped and tried. Some chases and a few missed light bites - went on this way for a while but enough activity to keep us trying at that spot. Then got two WF and a small laker (easy release again so I was happy with that) within about 20min and then all went dead and stopped marking. Clearly, they moved on (or were moving through where we found them so we were lucky to pick up a couple as they moved through). We had no idea where they went and my battery was red-lining so decided to head back ... I still ended up having to paddle a bit for the last 1+ km to help the battery out (it was still turning the motor but barely). Just happy that it was a nice calm day and what wind that was out there was kind of pushing us in the direction of our launch. Now, I am thinking I may need to get another (but smaller) battery that will get me back home once the bigger battery dies. I was monitoring the battery meter but I don't think that thing is too accurate as it jumped from full (green) to red (lowest level) very quickly. There is a yellow and another red level before the lowest red and I never saw the battery at those levels - just went from green to lowest red.
I was surprised there was not a soul on the lake (but there were lots of people on land around the lake) - I guess most have put their boats away already. Another nice few days coming up so hoping to get out as much as I can (maybe at least a couple of hours each day if that is possible).
One WF was about 19" and the other one was 22" (a good size for this lake, I think - it was a chubby one at 3.5lbs)....both were also females with eggs. Smaller one was given to some friends who have never had whitefish and actually thought I was just talking about the colour of the meat of the fish They were impressed with the fish and thought it tasted better than most fish they have bought in stores. Hope everyone is able to get out there over the next few days to take advantage of this great weather.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Today at 03:44 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

Nice fish. Lucky you were not miles and miles away, you would have been paddling for hours.

PMEmail Poster
mykola
Posted: 54 minutes ago

World Record Trout

Member No.: 13075

Excellent, I also got into a couple yesterday. One Male one Female in the picture. 45fow consistently suspended about 25ft down. Lots of bubbles coming up from the bottom on the graph saw one bubble come up size of my fist! Decomposition of deep weedbeds maybe, not sure.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!