Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Boat Insurance, Liability Coverage
sdcaller
Posted: Sep 28, 2023 - 02:24 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 67

My home insurance is with T/D Insurance and the policy provides $10,000. of coverage on the boat, motor and trailer for theft or damage. The boat is a 16.6 Legend Alsport, 40 hp Mercury 4stroke and a single axle Shorelander trailer.

They are all 24 years old, in very good shape and the amount is OK by me.

On the other hand, T/D will not provide any liability coverage on the boat because of its age.

Makes no sense to me.

What experience have others had in addressing an issue like this.

Would appreciate your input.

Thanks

SDC

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: Sep 28, 2023 - 02:27 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 67

I should have added that the $10,000 of coverage is a "blanket type" of coverage where they don't even ask for specific details about the boat, motor and trailer.

SDC

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Sep 28, 2023 - 03:33 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

It seems like there's more things added to the list every year when items are older than X, they won't cover them anymore unless you get them checked by a boat appraiser. My last item was a water heater, older than 10 years, no coverage. I'll take my chances, last time the plumber came in, he checked it and said that model will go a long time before it breaks down especially when it's in line with a water softener, no mineral build up.

PM
goingout
Posted: Sep 28, 2023 - 03:43 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13298

So what happens if your on the water and you accidently hit a swimmer or another boat.

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: Oct 03, 2023 - 06:19 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 15901

yeah as things get older the insurance companies don't want to take any risks, but are happy to take your money. I just switch auto insurance because they wanted to charge me 500 because I have one of the vehicles on their list of high theft. The way I look at it, I just got hit with a claim that I didn't even have. Worked out better for me in long run as I ended up saving that 500 and another 500. Only issue is my old quad. They will insure it but no fire or theft for 30 more dollars.

I hate insurance companies

PMEmail Poster
Newburg007
Posted: Oct 03, 2023 - 08:55 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10129

Not that this is professed to be a save-all/hard-n-fast rule....
My father looked to change his insurance policies every 2 years. Companies were eager to create new policies and it warranted lower premiums. Year 2 began the "incidental" premiums upward. I think most of us don't take the time or experience any enjoyment looking for new policies (probably counted on by insurers!), but savings seem easily gotten.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3