Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> First Fishing Trip of 2024, Meaford--Monday July 22
sdcaller
Posted: Jul 21, 2024 - 01:05 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 67

Those of you who have been around the Forum for some years might have noticed I had not posted a report in some time.

I was only out twice last year with little success and at my advanced age of 82, I developed irritable bowel syndrome and I had no desire to be out in the boat if an attack came on. Right now, the IBS seems to be under control, it will be light winds tomorrow, I have no music or square dance commitments and my friend Phil is available to go (I promised my wife I wouldn't go on my own anymore at my age), so we plan to head for Meaford tomorrow--not too early, probably on the water 8:30--9:00. Over the years I've caught just as many fish mid day as very early morning.

We used to fish out of Collingwood, before they imposed the non-resident parking fee of $50. Meaford is much more friendly--$12.00 to launch and park.

I'm still trying to figure out where to fish off Meaford. I have all kinds of waypoints off Collingwood for structure and where I have caught fish in the past. I have none of that for Meaford, but have looked at my GB charts and I have some ideas to explore.

I haven't seen any reports from people fishing Meaford, but if you would care to share info and the general areas to fish, water depths and depths you are catching fish, feel free to send me a PM.

If you will be out there tomorrow, look for the 16ft Legend with the top up and a big green landing net stuck up.

SDC

PMEmail Poster
mydogbites
Posted: Jul 21, 2024 - 04:14 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 414

Ralph, it's great to see your name pop up. I wish you the very best day ever and hope to read of your success. Either way it's going to just feel great to be on the water doing what you once loved on a weekly basis. Good for you my friend go get em! and don't forget to bring the sunscreen and water.

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Jul 21, 2024 - 06:48 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

Good to see you back in the game again, Ralph. I guess you didn't want to wear Depends for that bowel issue? . It takes some of us old geezers a long while to take our wive's advice! It's good to have a bud along who can grab you by the legs to stop a big chinook from dragging you overboard.

Tight lines---we shall look forward to seeing pix of big fish and bigger grins

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Jul 22, 2024 - 10:31 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Good to see you getting back out there

although we all slow down, it's important to get out there if possible as it does wonders for your mental health

hope you have a great time fish or no fish

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Fisherman
Posted: Jul 22, 2024 - 04:47 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

Check your PM SD.

PM

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!