Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Innifil Beach Park and Launch
Fisherman
Posted: Apr 29, 2024 - 07:49 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

Like everything else, the price has gone up. Up to $60 a day for parking plus $30 if you have a trailer. Parking

PM
riverrat
Posted: Apr 30, 2024 - 08:05 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 884

ha nice! but ever since they started charging non-residents these crazy fees i stopped going there. havent been there for years now. they did it. They made that area private! Free for residents. congrats you now own that section of lake simcoe.

PMEmail Poster
Coda
Posted: Apr 30, 2024 - 11:14 am

Fry

Member No.: 18344

Agreed I also buy nothing in those area's. At some point someone will challenge these idiots and take them to court. I'm sure there are Provincial and Federal tax dollars funneling into the municipalities. Penalizing non-residents seems like it's against the rules.

PMEmail Poster
RHYBAK
Posted: Apr 30, 2024 - 12:25 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 2426

I really don't know where you think somebody would take them to court?

Explain how that would work.

PMEmail Poster
dmaster
Posted: Apr 30, 2024 - 01:31 pm

Fry

Member No.: 7601

Its very simple - having huge traffic in this area from visitors on entrance-exit from Hwy400, caused by lots of visitor, approved and started, almost completed construction of whole new multibillion dollars road work at Innisfil Beach road exit. Reason - lost of people visiting us.
Now - adding extra fees for parking to leverage spending... and decrease that traffic significantly...

PMEmail Poster
fizbot
Posted: Apr 30, 2024 - 06:58 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16430

Pretty self serving though... imagine if everyone did that.... I'm sure you would be the first to start complaining that you are being charged a premium everytime you went skiing at blue mountain, or visiting bass pro at Vaughn mills mall etc...

PMEmail Poster
Coda
Posted: May 01, 2024 - 07:08 am

Fry

Member No.: 18344

I get what the municipalities are doing, raise revenues by penalizing non-residents but it seems counter productive and very short sighted. I'm not a resident of Innisfil, But I am a resident of York region and by default Ontario. My tax dollars do funnel into Innisfil via region and the Province.

As far as a court challenge It's just a matter of time before some group of people either lobby the province or take the Municipality to court. Parking charges are about managing congestion, not raising revenue.

Imagine if the city of Toronto Raised the TTC rates for non-residents. The backlash would be insane. While Innisfil isn't Toronto it is about to grow and with that will come change in Council and policy. Hopefully, with the growth and changes in council and policy, there may be room for more balanced approaches that consider the broader impacts on the community relations and economic vitality.

PMEmail Poster
Limacharley
Posted: May 01, 2024 - 09:26 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 11791

QUOTE (dmaster @ Apr 30, 2024 - 01:31 pm)
Its very simple - having huge traffic in this area from visitors on entrance-exit from Hwy400, caused by lots of visitor, approved and started, almost completed construction of whole new multibillion dollars road work at Innisfil Beach road exit. Reason - lost of people visiting us.
Now - adding extra fees for parking to leverage spending... and decrease that traffic significantly...

So Innisfil Beach doesn't want visitors?

I'd love for the media to get a hold of this story.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
fish hawk
Posted: May 04, 2024 - 07:29 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 374

Innisfil Municipality purposely raised up this INSANE prices to keep out of Town visitors away!!

And make parking free for residents only! I don't live far from them but I'm not a resident . And I will NEVER pay this INSANE price and give them not one cents in revenue!! Rather drive to other Marinas and launch the boat and park for half the price.
It is very sad, many other Municipalities do not welcome out of Town visitors , and this is the reason the rates are so ridiculously high!

They DO NOT own the lake but they own the property where we could launch the boat and park the trailer!
Do not go and do not spend any dollar there, they don't deserve our money at all!!

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: May 04, 2024 - 03:47 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 15901

I liked to come up that way fishing, bring my boat, bike in the winter, haven't been there is a long time now just because of the cost to park. How much did I spend when there, maybe not a lot, but there was always a good meal bought and paid for by me for my buddy and wife for letting me stay there, bait and some tackle. Around here there are a lot of free ramps, you do pay when you go to a marina but it is less then $20.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: May 04, 2024 - 05:37 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Like many others, I have stopped going almost anywhere on the west side because of this outrageous position taken by some municipalities.

If the intent was to stop non residents from going there, i guess that was achieved.

I think it sucks large though......self entitlement comes to mind

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!