Kayak Anglers Forum
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> My new aircraft carrier, 14ft Hobie Mirage PA
spoonplugger
Posted: Jul 07, 2021 - 01:03 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 954

I use a Minn Kota transom mount trolling motor with 55lbs of thrust, it will move you around at 6mph if you peddle maybe a little quicker, helps a lot with wind issues and gives you more range.

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Jul 07, 2021 - 07:55 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10648

QUOTE (spoonplugger @ Jul 07, 2021 - 12:58 pm)
I know that Hobie sells sails for the PA and the Outbacks but they are expensive, never did try one but I think they will work fine, but don't go out in high winds, will blow you over, remember there is very little keel to hold you up right, keep your peddles together when using a sail the fins act as the keel in the vertical position. Also you may need to add some rigging for the sail to catch the wind.

Thanks Spoonplugger....good thoughts.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
longfish
Posted: Jul 07, 2021 - 07:58 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (spoonplugger @ Jul 07, 2021 - 01:03 pm)
I use a Minn Kota transom mount trolling motor with 55lbs of thrust, it will move you around at 6mph if you peddle maybe a little quicker, helps a lot with wind issues and gives you more range.

I was actually just looking at the 55 lbs I-Pilot. It is in the running for e-power. The remote and position lock would be of a lot of use in a kayak as well as following a troll line.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
longfish
Posted: Aug 22, 2021 - 09:55 pm

World Record Trout

Finally got to start on rigging my kayak this week. Added two rails and my Helix ten, as well as a couple of rod holders. Looking for a riptide I pilot and still need to rig a anchor system. And yes James I too will fly the Canadian flag for visibility. Bought the Dow rigged but need to install it yet…. Waiting for brackets.

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
xiaolu
Posted: Aug 23, 2021 - 01:47 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (longfish @ Aug 22, 2021 - 09:55 pm)
Finally got to start on rigging my kayak this week. Added two rails and my Helix ten, as well as a couple of rod holders. Looking for a riptide I pilot and still need to rig a anchor system. And yes James I too will fly the Canadian flag for visibility. Bought the Dow rigged but need to install it yet…. Waiting for brackets.

Attached Image

yes, the maple leaf flag flying high at all times while you're on the water..:-)

PMEmail PosterYahoo

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3