Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Shenango lake Foleyet Ontario
bills25
Posted: Mar 01, 2024 - 01:35 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3367

I’m going on a bear hunt/fishing trip to shenango lake lodge, late august in Foleyet Ontario. Has anyone has stayed here? Wondering what to expect fishing wise? It’s deep into the bush either train in or dirt rd depending on the weather. Also looking for info on the dirt road, wondering what to expect?

PMEmail Poster
RandyLahey
Posted: Mar 01, 2024 - 10:06 am

Fry

Member No.: 15932

might have better luck getting info in the northern lakes forum. this is pretty far north from nip. good luck!

PMEmail Poster
fisherman2280
Posted: Mar 01, 2024 - 03:34 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 16918

I have not been to Shenango lake lodge but I went to two lodges close to that area so it may help.

We had to do 60KM down a back road to a boat launch to get picked up so similar deal.
The roads were mostly just sand and rock which made for slow going but doable, pretty sure they were made with just a bulldozer.

Bring your own gas because you wont find much up that way and the hours they say they are open are not always true.

You won't be able to replace anything so bring doubles if you can.

Cell service will be spotty at best so if you need to call ahead don't wait until you find your turn off.

Lots of places to pull over and camp if your set off the night before and if you are going up the 144 you won't see anyone for hours but remember 911 is an hour away if not more.

The stretch between the 651 and Wawa has some of the most scenic places I've even seen. It's out of your way but after seeing it I want to retire here.

Fishing, you will not have a problem at all!

PMEmail Poster
bills25
Posted: Mar 01, 2024 - 08:22 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3367

I actually thought I put it in the northern lakes forum my mistake. Thank you for the info, dirt roads will probably be similar to your experience.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!