» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Back to school.
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 12, 2024 - 05:38 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 18589

Have not been fishing in a bit, and it might be a while before I get back to the lake. Went back to school to gain some new knowledge. The world sure changes fast, so going back to learn and to catch up on some things. Monday to Friday and practice on the weekends, so not sure how fishing will fit in to this schedule. Maybe get away for one of my drive up, fish all night and drive back 24 hour fishing marathons. LOL. Putting the learning on the front burner to assist me in finding new employment. Not a whole lot out there in the last ten months of searching. Even when I tell them that my energy levels are off the charts, and can out work guys half my age they don't get it. They see 60 years old on the resume and don't want to take a chance on the old guy. LOL. So a whole new approach was necessary. Just like I said back in August last year, this is a new road being travelled. Just because a person loses their employment, does not mean you give up. A new door will open, you just have to do a lot of knocking sometimes. I will try and get at some fishing if I can. Maybe the long weekend in July if I stay caught up on the studies. I enjoy posting the walleye and crappie pictures and reading the feed back from the members. It will be very disappointing for me not having a few fishing tales to write for whoever enjoys reading them. For the foreseeable future anyways. You members always have such great feedback, and I do appreciate all the comments. But I will try to get out there. My fishing-fix may just be reading about all you guys out there having great adventures. Don't forget to post some pictures of your catch. Good luck and stay safe. And never stop learning.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Dbfish
Posted: Jun 12, 2024 - 07:41 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

Good for you Jamie!
It's never too late to learn.And us guys over 60 can outwork a lot of younger generation today.Espescially us fishermen lol
Goodluck with your new endeavors.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 12, 2024 - 07:56 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Dbfish @ Jun 12, 2024 - 07:41 pm)
Good for you Jamie!
It's never too late to learn.And us guys over 60 can outwork a lot of younger generation today.Espescially us fishermen  lol
Goodluck with your new endeavors.

Thank you Dale. You catch some crappie for me, and post a picture or two. This is the closest I will be to a BBQ and fishing for a while. But I love steak, so I'll be fine. LOL. Tonights dinner for two, the two on the right are mine. Just can't eat too much steak.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Jun 13, 2024 - 11:17 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 13620

Good luck with your school studies! I haven’t been doing much fishing myself, there’s just been too much going on, but will hopefully get out on the weekend for a bit. There will always be time to go fishing in the future, gotta take care of business first!

PMEmail Poster
theskydiveguy
Posted: Jun 13, 2024 - 12:57 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 17603

Best of luck CM - I've never left school!

Never too old to learn anything and if it makes you more marketable that's also a win. Best of luck.

PMEmail Poster
Woodfarmer
Posted: Jun 13, 2024 - 06:04 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 19144

What are you studying?

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 13, 2024 - 06:44 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Icemanjay @ Jun 13, 2024 - 11:17 am)
Good luck with your school studies! I haven’t been doing much fishing myself, there’s just been too much going on, but will hopefully get out on the weekend for a bit. There will always be time to go fishing in the future, gotta take care of business first!

Thank you Jay. It's weird doing the school thing again, and no recess this time. And ya it sucks that the real world gets in our way of fishing sometimes. But that makes it even better when we get back out on the water. Good luck next time you get out there.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 13, 2024 - 07:07 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (theskydiveguy @ Jun 13, 2024 - 12:57 pm)
Best of luck CM - I've never left school!

Never too old to learn anything and if it makes you more marketable that's also a win. Best of luck.

Thank you. You sound like my cousin. She has never left school either, she is a professor. But still a student as well, always going for another degree and she is older than me. It's mind boggling.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 13, 2024 - 07:14 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Woodfarmer @ Jun 13, 2024 - 06:04 pm)
What are you studying?

Something way out of my comfort zone of fast cars and fast Harleys......Oh ya and fishing.............Computers was my choice. So far so good, but not as easy as racing or fishing.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
bigboy99
Posted: Jun 13, 2024 - 07:29 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 6613

Good luck!

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: Jun 13, 2024 - 07:37 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 15901

From what I have seen older is much better, we know how to work and don't expect to have everyone give you things, get to the job right on the dot and leave when the hour hand hits that magical spot on the clock. Good luck with the job search and school it is hard going back after a long time off

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 13, 2024 - 07:43 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (bigboy99 @ Jun 13, 2024 - 07:29 pm)
Good luck!

Thanks "BB" Looking forward to your next video.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 13, 2024 - 07:59 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (sabmgb @ Jun 13, 2024 - 07:37 pm)
From what I have seen older is much better, we know how to work and don't expect to have everyone give you things, get to the job right on the dot and leave when the hour hand hits that magical spot on the clock.  Good luck with the job search and school it is hard going back after a long time off

You are right, but I would give up almost anything to be 20 again. First two days of school were easy. The next two days were a nightmare, with a huge learning curve. Now I am using two screens and working the lesson at the same time as it is taught. It gets boring just listening, so working at the same time keeps me awake, considering being a night shift guy and night fisherman. Also I do not like sitting still in a chair. But got very lucky as the desk goes from sitting to standing position, so I can stand all day, just like fishing. Thanks for the reply.

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Jun 13, 2024 - 08:34 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10648

Good luck Jamie…. Hey I caught DB stealing crappie right in my backyard today. Caught him red handed with the evidence. Hehehe

PMEmail PosterYahoo
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 13, 2024 - 08:42 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (longfish @ Jun 13, 2024 - 08:34 pm)
Good luck Jamie…. Hey I caught DB stealing crappie right in my backyard today. Caught him red handed with the evidence. Hehehe

Thank you Arnie. You have fun fishing. I miss it already, but truancy is not an option for me.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!