Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bug Report
crappeeeman
Posted: Jul 06, 2024 - 05:19 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 18589

Had to run up to the family house yesterday and come back today. A family member needed a walker, the model with the bigger wheels. So loaded that in the car along with a big order from Costco. First time in 15 years that I did not get to do some fishing when up there at the lake. There was no room in the car for all my fishing gear. I do have a bug report though. Went down to the water at around 11pm. There was every bug you could think of when my flashlight was on. And hundreds, maybe even thousands of bugs everywhere. No wind just bugs, bugs and more bugs. Water looked a bit stained, and heard a few splashes in the distance. No boats out last night, that I could hear or see. Plenty of boats out today on Balsam and Sturgeon. That's it, that's all. Maybe get up there in a few weeks to do some fishing, just depends on other stuff getting completed. Good luck out there, stay safe. Tonight and tomorrow will be good fishing.

PMEmail Poster
Fozzy47
Posted: Jul 07, 2024 - 06:28 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 18006

CM, it pains me to know you haven't been able to go fishing. Just think though, after you get all 'schooled up', all those 'catch-up fishing trips' you'll be taking.

I do your informative fishing posts.

Cheers & Good Luck!

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jul 07, 2024 - 08:29 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Fozzy47 @ Jul 07, 2024 - 06:28 am)
CM, it pains me to know you haven't been able to go fishing. Just think though, after you get all 'schooled up', all those 'catch-up fishing trips' you'll be taking.

I do your informative fishing posts.

Cheers & Good Luck!

Thanks Fozzy. The fishing will happen sooner or later. I am kind of glad there was no fishing Friday night. That was the most bugs flying around that I have ever seen. As soon as the light came on, the swarm was everywhere. It would not have been enjoyable, that's for sure. I bet the fishing would have been good though. Cray fish were out in the open in the shallows. I could here fish breaking the surface a few times. If my gear was with me, there definitely would have been some fishing. But it wouldn't have been fun. LOL.

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Jul 07, 2024 - 02:13 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 11890

Sorry to hear that you didn't even get in a cast Jaime. I'm heading up to Sturgeon in the next couple of days. I'll be thinking about you the whole trip.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jul 07, 2024 - 03:37 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Goshawk @ Jul 07, 2024 - 02:13 pm)
Sorry to hear that you didn't even get in a cast Jaime. I'm heading up to Sturgeon in the next couple of days. I'll be thinking about you the whole trip.

Don't think about me, LOL. Think about catching those small mouth, and large mouth bass. Those spots you fish should be good, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. But there is a 40% chance of a thunderstorm Tuesday and light rain on Wednesday. If you don't mind possibly getting a bit wet after Monday. I would say the next three days will be great fishing. Good luck and enjoy your time on the water.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Attila
Posted: Jul 07, 2024 - 05:48 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 11988

I'll be up there tomorrow morning for some largies....should be a fun day.

Thermacell thread -- https://www.lakesimcoeoutdoors.com/forums/i...showtopic=49210

Cheers, hope school is going well.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jul 08, 2024 - 06:43 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Attila @ Jul 07, 2024 - 05:48 pm)
I'll be up there tomorrow morning for some largies....should be a fun day.

Thermacell thread -- https://www.lakesimcoeoutdoors.com/forums/i...showtopic=49210

Cheers, hope school is going well.

Thanks Attila, good luck fishing today. The next couple days up there are going to be great fishing. Who ever is going, watch out for the thunderstorms possible tomorrow. As for the bugs up there, and repellent. I do not use any man made bug repellents around the water I fish, or around food. Bug sprays and even Thermacell, or the OFF brand mosquito lamp give off toxins that can hurt fish and get into food you may eat while fishing. I spray some bug spray on my hat, jacket, and boots away from the water. Fresh garlic has always been my main bug repellent. It's been used in the family for almost 170 years, since my great, great grandfather came to Canada. Some liquid garlic around the neck, wrists, and hands keeps bugs away. Also fish like the smell of garlic, the fish I catch anyway. Good luck, It's going to be a great day of fishing.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Jul 09, 2024 - 11:30 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (crappeeeman @ Jul 07, 2024 - 03:37 pm)

Don't think about me, LOL. Think about catching those small mouth, and large mouth bass. Those spots you fish should be good, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. But there is a 40% chance of a thunderstorm Tuesday and light rain on Wednesday. If you don't mind possibly getting a bit wet after Monday. I would say the next three days will be great fishing. Good luck and enjoy your time on the water.

you will be back at it soon enough

I love that little quote at the end........that's me to the tee

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
crappeeeman
Posted: Jul 09, 2024 - 06:06 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Longshank @ Jul 09, 2024 - 11:30 am)
QUOTE (crappeeeman @ Jul 07, 2024 - 03:37 pm)

you will be back at it soon enough

I love that little quote at the end........that's me to the tee

Thanks Shank. Keep those great fish pictures coming.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!