Members |  Forum Rules |  Search

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> River Walleye Adventure
InformativeAngling
Posted: Apr 28, 2024 - 02:24 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9792

Join me on the river as I share tips and techniques for catching walleye this spring! Whether you're a seasoned angler or just starting out, this video is packed with insights to help you land more walleye during their peak season. Full video link below, thank you for watching

SPRING RIVER SYSTEM WALLEYE

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Apr 28, 2024 - 09:01 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

Saw your video earlier today on YouTube. Was wondering when you would post it. You guys did very well. The video was good with lots of information. I have always preferred the walleye fishing in the fall. Heavier fish with lots of meat on them, and no chance of catching spawning fish. Keep up the good work on your next adventure.

PMEmail Poster
InformativeAngling
Posted: Apr 29, 2024 - 03:43 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 9792

QUOTE (crappeeeman @ Apr 28, 2024 - 10:01 pm)
Saw your video earlier today on YouTube. Was wondering when you would post it. You guys did very well. The video was good with lots of information. I have always preferred the walleye fishing in the fall. Heavier fish with lots of meat on them, and no chance of catching spawning fish. Keep up the good work on your next adventure.

Haahah wasnt sure which section of the forum I should post it to! I also like fall time walleye just have to be able to find them! Yea we were hoping to be able to hook into some good ones but the spawn is over so the hogs we were after were gone(those would have obviously been released ) Thanks again crappeeeman, i am glad you liked the video, more to come for sure!

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: Apr 29, 2024 - 05:56 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 15901

I was out on Friday and got 3, I thought all spawned out but I guess I didn't look close enough as one was full of eggs, I really felt bad about that as all the hens I have caught this year have been spawned out. I caught one last fall that had a sack of spawn already formed, sure surprised me.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Apr 29, 2024 - 06:46 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

QUOTE (sabmgb @ Apr 29, 2024 - 05:56 pm)
I was out on Friday and got 3, I thought all spawned out but I guess I didn't look close enough as one was full of eggs, I really felt bad about that as all the hens I have caught this year have been spawned out. I caught one last fall that had a sack of spawn already formed, sure surprised me.

There is no overall numbers or percentages, because every body of water is different. Many walleye do not spawn for one reason or another. I catch a few every year with eggs way after spring and even into the fall. They absorb the eggs into their body over time. I am guessing it takes quite a while for this process to be completed.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!