Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> BIG BAITS FOR BIG WALLEYE
InformativeAngling
Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 09:47 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9792

Spent the entire day tossing massive baits, and it paid off big time! Hooked into some incredible walleye, including a 30.5" giant weighing in at 9.4 lbs! Watch the action unfold as I show you the power of using big baits to target trophy fish.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/E6-INNAU0zU[/YOUTUBE]

PMEmail Poster
Fozzy47
Posted: Oct 03, 2024 - 07:12 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 18006

Great post.
Noted...bigger baits will work for Walleye....lol.

PMEmail Poster
InformativeAngling
Posted: Oct 03, 2024 - 08:01 am

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (Fozzy47 @ Oct 03, 2024 - 08:12 am)
Great post.
Noted...bigger baits will work for Walleye....lol.

Thank you Fozzy! They work VERY well, using small baits can actually be like self sabotage sometimes, you are essentially specifically targeting smaller fish!

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Oct 03, 2024 - 08:32 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

You are so lucky that you had your friends there to share that moment. Catching many big fish, and a huge monster walleye to top it off. And the video for all of us to see was great. Last October 18th was a very lucky night for me catching a bunch of big walleye in the same night. The biggest being 31.5 inches and around 12 pounds, and only one picture of it with the tape measure. That will probably remain my biggest walleye for the Kawartha Lakes. But for you at your age, the sky is the limit. I have no doubt that you will catch a 32, 33, 34 inch 14-plus pound walleye in that lake, or another. It's only a matter of when and where you catch it.

PMEmail Poster
InformativeAngling
Posted: Oct 03, 2024 - 09:56 am

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (crappeeeman @ Oct 03, 2024 - 09:32 am)
You are so lucky that you had your friends there to share that moment. Catching many big fish, and a huge monster walleye to top it off. And the video for all of us to see was great. Last October 18th was a very lucky night for me catching a bunch of big walleye in the same night. The biggest being 31.5 inches and around 12 pounds, and only one picture of it with the tape measure. That will probably remain my biggest walleye for the Kawartha Lakes. But for you at your age, the sky is the limit. I have no doubt that you will catch a 32, 33, 34 inch 14-plus pound walleye in that lake, or another. It's only a matter of when and where you catch it.

Thanks crappeeeman! The first thing i said after the clip of that walleye is i cant believe that just happened with my brother and my good friend in the boat with me. That 12lb walleye must've been an absolute tank, being a kawartha walleye I bet the colours on it were stunning!! I will be making some trips to big waters later this fall, a 10lb+ walleye is the goal, and of course I will be sharing a video of that when it happens with all of you guys!

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Oct 03, 2024 - 11:02 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

QUOTE (InformativeAngling @ Oct 03, 2024 - 09:56 am)

Thanks crappeeeman! The first thing i said after the clip of that walleye is i cant believe that just happened with my brother and my good friend in the boat with me. That 12lb walleye must've been an absolute tank, being a kawartha walleye I bet the colours on it were stunning!! I will be making some trips to big waters later this fall, a 10lb+ walleye is the goal, and of course I will be sharing a video of that when it happens with all of you guys!

It had nice colour, but it was the weight that got me. I thought it was a muskie because of how strong it ran out the line off the reel. In the dark I didn't know it was a walleye, until I had to turn on my headlamp at the net. I won't put the picture of the walleye up on your post. If you are interested in seeing it, "click" on the Lake Simcoe board. Then "click" on Personal Best Trophy Picks. The last page is 33 and there is a huge walleye that PeteB posted from the moon river. My walleye is the last picture so far on that page.

PMEmail Poster
InformativeAngling
Posted: Oct 03, 2024 - 11:19 am

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (crappeeeman @ Oct 03, 2024 - 12:02 pm)
QUOTE (InformativeAngling @ Oct 03, 2024 - 09:56 am)

It had nice colour, but it was the weight that got me. I thought it was a muskie because of how strong it ran out the line off the reel. In the dark I didn't know it was a walleye, until I had to turn on my headlamp at the net. I won't put the picture of the walleye up on your post. If you are interested in seeing it, "click" on the Lake Simcoe board. Then "click" on Personal Best Trophy Picks. The last page is 33 and there is a huge walleye that PeteB posted from the moon river. My walleye is the last picture so far on that page.

Awesome! I will go check it out!

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Oct 03, 2024 - 03:31 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

Awesome fish!

PMEmail PosterYahoo
InformativeAngling
Posted: Oct 03, 2024 - 04:56 pm

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (xiaolu @ Oct 03, 2024 - 04:31 pm)
Awesome fish!

Thanks xiaolu!

PMEmail Poster
mykola
Posted: Oct 04, 2024 - 03:39 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 13075

I’ll be going in a couple weeks hopefully find some hungry walleyes. Nice fish!

PMEmail Poster
InformativeAngling
Posted: Oct 06, 2024 - 12:46 pm

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (mykola @ Oct 04, 2024 - 04:39 pm)
I’ll be going in a couple weeks hopefully find some hungry walleyes. Nice fish!

Im sure you will get on them! Thank you!

PMEmail Poster
Flukes
Posted: Oct 06, 2024 - 10:03 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 15807

Haven't targeted walleye for years (haven't really fished for years until recently and still I am only slowly getting back into fishing) but lots of good information in your vids for a refresher and of course some good new info. as well.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Oct 07, 2024 - 03:42 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Great video.............some huge boys there for sure

i could do that all day long

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
InformativeAngling
Posted: Oct 07, 2024 - 07:51 pm

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (Flukes @ Oct 06, 2024 - 11:03 pm)
Haven't targeted walleye for years (haven't really fished for years until recently and still I am only slowly getting back into fishing) but lots of good information in your vids for a refresher and of course some good new info. as well.

Makes me happy knowing these videos can act as refreshers and potentially sources for new information, this is what I strive to communicate through them! Thank you for watching

PMEmail Poster
InformativeAngling
Posted: Oct 07, 2024 - 07:52 pm

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (Longshank @ Oct 07, 2024 - 04:42 pm)
Great video.............some huge boys there for sure

i could do that all day long

Thanks Longshank! Oh I bet, it NEVER gets old! And those were just the ones caught on big baits!!!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!