Outdoors Forum
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> A Bad Day Fishing!, What's your worst day fishing,,,
Putaforkinya
Posted: May 11, 2015 - 10:17 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3100

QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ May 11, 2015 - 08:16 pm)
Wow fork... After reading all your stories I came to a conclusion..... Do not go fishing with Putaforkinya!

truthfully knock on wood those are my only really bad days out.
the more you fish the more the possibility of days like that.

lets hope they're all behind me lol

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: May 21, 2015 - 11:30 am

World Record Trout

a bad day for Westarm.
keep an eye out for him do see if you see anyone selling anything like this.

well the weekend turned out pretty rough for me on the opener, I discover after arriving at camp that someone decided to steal my boat motor off my boat sometime over the winter, it was a 25 horse 2 stroke merc. 2002 I believe, this left me with no boat to fish from all weekend as well as a large expense {no insurance on it} very disappointing to see this happen, never had to worry too much about this type of thing in the past. I am obviously as my user name suggests from the west arm. a pretty common motor {and has been a great one as well} if anyone comes across someone trying to sell something like this please let me know, thanks

on the upside caught a couple small pike off the dock and still had a decent weekend otherwise

PMEmail Poster
GingerHut905
Posted: May 21, 2015 - 03:29 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 6091

2 years ago we were in Temegami for our annual mens only fishing trip. Was fishing in my brothers boat. We were trolling for eyes, and my bro ended up hooking into an absolute monster of a lake trout. He got it to the boat, and i tried to net the fish. The fish was too big for the net, wouldnt fit. So i made an exectuive decision to net the fish head first, and flip it into the net, leaving the fish hanging out on both sides. So as i make the motion of turning the net, a peice of the rubber mesh got caught on the rrear trebble hook of the lure (wasnt completely in its mouth). The motion i gave the net, was the perfect motion to pop the hook right out of its mouth doh!. It all happened so fast, just as i turned the net, hook caught, fish free. And yes, i still get nagged on for the mistake. Man that was a big fish though lol

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: May 22, 2015 - 02:17 pm

World Record Trout

sounds like more of a bad day for your friend than you... you know after you lost his fish

PMEmail Poster
GingerHut905
Posted: May 24, 2015 - 11:28 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 6091

Lol yeah. It was still a pretty big blow to my net-man ego though lol

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Jun 02, 2016 - 09:32 am

World Record Trout

Mike d. You should Share some of your rice lake stories here lol

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 05:43 pm

World Record Trout

VBB had a HORRIBLE bass opener.
Here's his story.

Went out first thing Saturday morning for bass opener and got to Dalrymple by 515..too late! Counted about 23 boats waiting in line before me and told the boys the hell with it so we kept driving. Tried to go to canal but only been there once before and GPS tool me to a dead end with no water in sight. Drove around blindly and found some random launch. Don't know what lake but no more than 7 ft deep and all weeds. Hooked a 2lbs bucket in the first 10 minutes after my transducer went flying on the way out. Bracket just snapped in half. Switched to a spinner and hooked something big after about 10 casts. After wedging it out of the weeds a 38 inch pike surfaced. Got him on the boat and as I was holding him by the gills reaching for pliers he turned around and engulfed my thumb. Blood spraying everywhere and my thumb looks like it was split with an axe. 45 minutes it took to stop the bleeding even with braid tied tightly around it. My boat looks like someone was shot on it and I lost probably a cup of blood. Then my friend unhooks the spinner from the anchor rope and it quickly goes overboard and into the weeds. Brand new 220 dollar set up gone. Tried to fish it out but no such luck. My thumb swelled up like crazy so we called it a day and went home to fry the fish that got me good. I knew I needed stitches but crazy glue did the trick. 2 days later it still bleeds if I move it a certain way. Painful and expensive opener

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
HardlyCore
Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 08:26 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8169

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. I'm not laughing at you, putaforkinya. I swear! But that is the best worst day of fishing I've read so far! You caught. You lost. You were put in your place. And in the end you had the last laugh because I doubt the fish got as much protein from you as you got outta him. Great story, and keep in mind; you can tell this story for the rest of your life, and the pike had no one to tell his story to.

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 10:00 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (HardlyCore @ Jun 20, 2016 - 09:26 pm)
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.  I'm not laughing at you, putaforkinya.  I swear!  But that is the best worst day of fishing I've read so far!  You caught.  You lost.  You were put in your place.  And in the end you had the last laugh because I doubt the fish got as much protein from you as you got outta him.  Great story, and keep in mind;  you can tell this story for the rest of your life, and the pike had no one to tell his story to.

Lol it is a funny story for sure but that one wasn't mine.
It was posted by VBB. I posted it for him.
I've got so many of my own bad stores I don't need anyone else's lmao i just added his pic so there's no more confusion lol.

PMEmail Poster
HardlyCore
Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 07:32 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8169

Yeah, I saw my mistake the next morning, but was too lazy to correct myself. I was more inclined to look stupid:). VBB, I feel for you. Hope you heal well!

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 08:59 pm

World Record Trout

No worries buddy. I didn't mean to call u out. I just didn't want to take credit for someone else's bad story.
Like I said I have to many of my own.
The moral is that we all win in benifiting from the laughs lol

PMEmail Poster
Eddie McVay
Posted: Sep 26, 2016 - 04:53 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12354

A bad day at fishing is better than a good day at work!

I have had mixed experiences. Some good days. very less I would say boring or unfruitful days

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Nov 13, 2016 - 11:05 am

World Record Trout

dropped my phone with all of my daughters pictures in it (not backed up) into the drink, also had my drivers license and credit card in there for good measure. pretty sure a day of work would have been better than that.Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 - 03:18 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

QUOTE (Putaforkinya @ Nov 13, 2016 - 01:05 pm)
dropped my phone with all of my daughters pictures in it (not backed up) into the drink, also had my drivers license and credit card in there for good measure. pretty sure a day of work would have been better than that.Attached Image

On a positive note - great action shot

PMEmail Poster
dmorrs35
Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 01:00 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8547

The worst day ive seen was the second time I went out ice fishing I was with my buddy Joey and it was his first time. (all the bad stuff happened to him)

We drove up to Scugog and accessed from the Library launch, from Oakville taking the 407 as to not get stuck in rush hour traffic.

this was hands down the coldest day ive fished. we get up there and the car thermometer in my moms van is showing -31c and the news was reporting 20+kmph winds. we had both taken the day off work and couldn't reschedule it so we said "F-it we are going"

As we stepped out onto the ice, he was very nervous being on the ice until two Ford F-150s drove by us side by side. with his quickly gained confidence we walked out about 30-35 mins to an area where there were some permanent huts. we kept our distance, probably about a good 60-80 meters and started drilling holes. I only had a cheap $40 hand crank auger at the time and the ice, after we FINALLY broke through, ended up being close to 18-19 inches thick. well, crap, there are two of us, so we need a second hole. We were both wearing two hoodies under a winter jacket, two pairs of gloves, and both hoodies with their hoods up along with the jackets hood up. I had 2 pairs of PJs, underneath track pants, and Baffin -40 boots on with 2 pairs of socks. I was just comfortable.

by the time the second hole was drilled, the first hole had about half an inch of ice already. cleared both holes, set up some canvas chairs and started fishing. the wind is starting to get stronger now and we are frozen, having to clear our holes about once a minute so we can continue fishing. we tried to get the popup hut up for wind protection, but the second we popped one side, the wind ripped it from our hands and we had to run it down as it took off.

we got the tent folded back up and back in the sled and continued to fish. not 1 bite after an hour and we are freezing. "hey joey, wanna go back to the car, go to tims and try the other side of the lake where there may be more protection from the wind?" "sure" he stands up, turns around, and his foot goes right through the hole he had just been fishing only seconds prior. he goes right up to his mid thigh. trying to get his foot back up through, not wearing waterproof boots, his boot is stuck. he keeps tugging it and eventually his foot comes through, no boot with it. he starts panicking, so I threw him the car keys and told him to run back to the car without stopping and ill load everything up and meet him back there.

his foot went through his second hole as we had moved spots 20 mins before. (you can guess where this is going) Im packing up the sled when from about 20m away I hear a thud. I look up and there is one-legged joey laying on the ice. the same foot that went through the first hole, went right through the hole he had been fishing just 20 minutes before. at this point, he is unable to walk because his foot is just stinging in pain. I quickly grabbed my knife out of my utility bag I bring and sprinted over, I cut off his pants leg (as they were frozen to his skin) and his socks so the frozen water wouldn't freeze the skin below. After that, I took off my winter jacket, and wrapped his leg in it to get my body warmth in the jacket on his skin to warm it a tiny bit, took off my backpack and dumped the contents and put his leg in it so it could keep the jacket wrapped around it to protect his leg from the cold.

he still cant stand up as he is in pain, so I ran back and grabbed the sled, dumped the contents out on the ice, threw him in it and sprinted 15 minutes back across the ice towing a 250 pound man behind me. got him in the car and got the car warmed up he was starting to feel better. I asked him if he wanted to go to the hospital and he refused saying he was ok.

I drove the car out onto the ice to go back and pick up the gear I left behind, luckily without an issue.

driving home, I was coming down simco road towards the 401 and we passed a plaza. being a smartass, I looked at my buddy and said "hey you hungry man, we can go eat at shoeless joes!" that was followed by an immediate hard punch in the shoulder. I thought he was going to kill me for that joke. dropped him off at home and his dad answered the door asking where his shoe was, joey told him the story and his dad hit the floor laughing at him. when he pulled himself together, I told him the shoeless joes joke, and Ive never seen someone laugh so hard.

The ending was comical, but that series of events spelled nothing but danger with the freezing windy conditions, and the same foot going through two different holes, 30 minute walk out from the car.

needless to say, he didn't catch anything but a cold, and his boot was the one that got away haha. that's my story. I ask him if he wants to go ice fishing again sometime, he wants to but I always make sure to ask him if he is sure haha.

Dmorrs35

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3