» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Whitefish - Oct 2, + OOS laker
Flukes
Posted: Oct 04, 2024 - 10:54 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15807

QUOTE (mykola @ Oct 04, 2024 - 03:40 pm)
Looking good, those fish must be ready to spawn next 3-4 weeks on that lake.

I was out this morning again. Beautiful sunrise and so calm. The problem was no fish....marked very few and checked depths from 25 to 80+' of water to see if they had moved a bit (nope, they seemed to have moved alot or maybe it was just one of those off days and they will be back the next time). Only had 2 hours and was off the lake....on time...almost on time.
I think you are right about the spawning. The last two fish had nothing in their stomachs and I saw another whitefish jump out of the water (never seen WF jump like that before and then seeing it twice (once on each of the last two days). Usually by this time, I have given up on WF because they are OOS (use to fish Simcoe alot) so I would not be on the water looking for them.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Oct 05, 2024 - 07:12 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Flukes @ Oct 04, 2024 - 10:54 pm)
...I have given up on WF because they are OOS (use to fish Simcoe alot) so I would not be on the water looking for them.

Did you mean given up on laker..., I mean I thought whitefish (WF) on the lake you are fishing are open year round... :-)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Flukes
Posted: Oct 05, 2024 - 11:03 pm

World Record Trout

I meant in the past when I did fish for whitefish (on Simcoe), I wouldn't be fishing for them now because the season would be closed after Sept. 30 so there was no chance to see what they were doing closer to their spawning time. Here, because the season is open all year, I can still fish for them and get a chance to see them jump...and maybe more interesting behaviour as it gets closer to their spawning time.

PMEmail Poster
maxpower
Posted: Oct 06, 2024 - 09:35 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 6634

I was there on Friday, I think we launched at the same time? I have an inflatable kayak. Super slow morning, but a beautiful day to be out.

PMEmail Poster
Fishnhunt
Posted: Oct 06, 2024 - 08:44 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 15869

QUOTE (naturefan @ Oct 04, 2024 - 07:43 pm)
I have the rubberized net and hooks are still get stuck in it. This year I bought the net which is made just from plastic like silicon – that really makes difference, I recommend it.

That must be the net I have because I have never had a hook tangled in it….total game changer. I think it’s a Lucky Strike but it’s old

PMEmail Poster
Flukes
Posted: Oct 06, 2024 - 10:00 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (maxpower @ Oct 06, 2024 - 09:35 am)
I was there on Friday, I think we launched at the same time? I have an inflatable kayak. Super slow morning, but a beautiful day to be out.

You were the one in the red car? Did you catch anything or mark many? I was not getting too much activity in the areas where I fished. Wished I had more time to be able to move around alot more to see if they showed up later or moved to other spots.

PMEmail Poster
Flukes
Posted: Oct 06, 2024 - 10:01 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Fishnhunt @ Oct 06, 2024 - 08:44 pm)
QUOTE (naturefan @ Oct 04, 2024 - 07:43 pm)
I have the rubberized net and hooks are still get stuck in it. This year I bought the net which is made just from plastic like silicon – that really makes difference, I recommend it.

That must be the net I have because I have never had a hook tangled in it….total game changer. I think it’s a Lucky Strike but it’s old

Damn....maybe I have to keep any eye out for a sale on these nets (I have been trying to keep my spending on fishing stuff down as much as possible).

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Yesterday at 03:48 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

nice catch and good eats

we all experience net problems from time to time, especially when fishing solo

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
maxpower
Posted: Yesterday at 08:44 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 6634

QUOTE (Flukes @ Oct 06, 2024 - 11:00 pm)
You were the one in the red car?  Did you catch anything or mark many?  I was not getting too much activity in the areas where I fished.  Wished I had more time to be able to move around alot more to see if they showed up later or moved to other spots.

Yup that's me. Marked some first thing in the morning, but they weren't responding to anything. Just foul-hooked a little laker unfortunately. Not many fish around later in the morning it seemed. Tried all different depths.

Here's a picture of the sunrise that morning, you're pictured in the centre.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Flukes
Posted: Yesterday at 11:12 pm

World Record Trout

Nice sunrise shot. I got a few shots of the sunrise too and about the same time you took that photo.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!