Hunting Forum Hunting Regulations    
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4 > »»   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Have Met Alot Of Hunters On Simcoe, Share your deer pics
outdoorsman
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 10:11 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (backwoodsmanbob @ February 21, 2011 09:29 pm)
you betcha, every week. there is a story behind this kill, but I hate typing.

Hahaha, well Backwoodsman, sounds like something to talk about while jigging Simcoe, hope to meet up with ya out there.

PMEmail Poster
outdoorsman
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 10:23 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (nsfisher @ February 21, 2011 09:33 pm)
Hey Fishsticks,

I shot the 9 pt and 8 pt 5 mins apart and dropped them 10ft from each other. (Had purchased an extra tag, call me an optimst) I then had a doe and another 8pt come down the same trail and stand over the bucks. I knew my buddy had two tags also but didn't want to end our hunt in the 1st hr so I put my bead on the 8 pt and said BANG! He ran directly toward my buddies stand where he missed with two shots. Could have had a pile of venison laying withing a 20yd circle if I was greedy. LOL I sure thought about it after he missed!

see guys...these are the stories that inspire and keep us all hunting. My buck was taken two days after a snow storm. A storm I decided to walk 200 lbs of corn back to our hunting area. Two days later it was my son's birthday and I got off work early, 3 pm. I decided to walk more corn back to our bush using my ice fishing sled and when I got to the bush...deer tracks everywhere, it was incredible. I decided to sit my stand for a bit and then leave at 5 pm to get to my son's b day party. I get setup in the stand and immediately start seeing deer come out of the woodwork. I stopped counting at 14 does and 6 bucks. Two bucks where Pope and Young shooters. The does came close to me first and then backed off, then two identical 6 pointers walked within 20 yards...but I had settled down and wanted one of the two big boys. Then the does starting stamping their feet, then they started snorting, the bucks all popped their heads down and walked away like dogs with their tails between their legs. None of the deer even came close to the corn pile. I waited till the deer moved off and turned to get out of my stand, thats when I saw a doe in the corn pile and my buck less than 20 yards from her. He must have scared the other deer off!!! I got my act together and waited until he moved into 25 yards and broadside, Bingo!!! I watched the arrow nail him in the engine room...that is where the story gets interesting, hope to see you guys out on the ice and tell ya the rest.

PMEmail Poster
nsfisher
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 11:17 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 148

great story Outdoorsman, I need to hear the rest so I will be looking for the red Eskimo portable off Oro next time I get out.

PMEmail Poster
outdoorsman
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 - 01:02 am

Adult Trout

here is a video for backwoodsman...it looks simple to most folk, but we know better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE-XNLAKEwo

PMEmail Poster
Fishsticks
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 - 07:31 am

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Im hunting up around blue mountain. A lot of nice deer on the escarpment! Im sure there are many more great stories out there.

PMEmail Poster
Fishsticks
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 - 07:34 am

Adult Trout

i love how the moose takes a nibble on the tip of his broad head. That's hilarious!

PMEmail Poster
Littlebuddy
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 - 10:52 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 68

Great deer and and pictures guys. We had a great year this year as well. We hunt up in 36 (50 miles this side of the Soo) Last two years we never even saw a deer but this year was a different story. We got a nice eight point that dressed at 180lbs and a little spike horn. The freezer was beyond empty and theese tasty treats are a blessing.

Any of you guys duck/goose hunt. We had a great year on the Lady.

PMEmail Poster
backwoodsmanbob
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 - 06:21 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Member No.: 98

Hey Outdoorsman, great video. Never had one that close but did have a cow with a calf walk out and the cow hide the calf from me. The only thing I can say is the moment of excitement of the shot is short lived once the work starts, That moose was about 75 yards from a road and it took us two old farts from 8 am to 7:30 when it was in the tree and we could stop. The funny part was that the two young bucks (my son and his friend) who would have made short work of this left the night before. I now hear that he is going to stick it out with the old man from now on. Anyways, thanks for the video

PMEmail Poster
backwoodsmanbob
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 - 07:59 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Member No.: 98

User posted image

Just for us hunters who like to make decisions

PMEmail Poster
Brooktrout
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 - 08:36 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 64

Great pics guys. I shot my first "nice" buck this past fall. He came out chasing two does. (hopefully this pic uploads).

User posted image

I plan on upsizing next year - I missed a bigger one the day before. Hopefully he makes it through the winter.

PMEmail Poster
Fishsticks
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 03:54 pm

Adult Trout

nice deer brooktrout.

PMEmail Poster
nsfisher
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 06:11 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Member No.: 148

Congrats Brooktrout,

Nice Buck!

PMEmail Poster
buckley
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 06:47 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 93

Man am i jelous, nice pics all, just got my hunting licence in November bought myself a nice barnett crossbow and 2 tags and never got to shoot the bow lol, darn mennonites letting everyone and there brother hunt on this land. heres hoping i have a pic to post next year of my first deer. cheers Buckley

PMEmail Poster
HardWaterHunter
Posted: Feb 24, 2011 - 06:58 am

Egg

Member No.: 330

Got this one the last day of the shotgun hunt in 2009. My wife had just had a baby, and this was the only day I was able to get out all season. Called him in to about 10yds.

HWH

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
outdoorsman
Posted: Feb 24, 2011 - 01:35 pm

Adult Trout

Congrats on the new baby and the buck Hardwater

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4 > »»  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles