» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Walleye opener, Anyone excited?:)
Woodfarmer
Posted: May 11, 2024 - 04:02 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 19144

Pickerel 19” Slow day but at least I wasn’t skunked.

Met a couple guys at the boat launch on the way out. They had two, one definitely looked right but not the larger one. Guy says it just under 19” in the slot size, buuuut there was two of them and one of me so I didn’t get into it with them.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 11, 2024 - 04:32 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

Nice fish. Glad you had some luck. What lake were the two guys at the launch fishing?

PMEmail Poster
Woodfarmer
Posted: May 11, 2024 - 06:25 pm

Adult Trout

Balsam.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 11, 2024 - 06:33 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Woodfarmer @ May 11, 2024 - 06:25 pm)
Balsam.

Well that is a beautiful walleye you caught. The other guys either did not know the regulations for Balsam Lake, or did not care. This happens all too often out there. How can someone keep a walleye that is in a restricted slot size? Very frustrating to see or hear about this, again and again.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Ragefrog
Posted: May 12, 2024 - 11:04 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 19400

These are the two rulers I keep on my boat. Makes it really easy to determine which walleyes are legal or not.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Woodfarmer
Posted: May 12, 2024 - 07:30 pm

Adult Trout

I expected there to be more members reporting in today. CM, JB we’re you guys at?

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 12, 2024 - 08:54 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Ragefrog @ May 12, 2024 - 11:04 am)
These are the two rulers I keep on my boat. Makes it really easy to determine which walleyes are legal or not.

That's a great idea. Mine doesn't look as good as your rulers, but it's marked on my net.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 12, 2024 - 09:10 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Woodfarmer @ May 12, 2024 - 07:30 pm)
I expected there to be more members reporting in today. CM, JB we’re you guys at?

Busy doing family stuff the last couple of weeks. And waiting for the spawning to finish completely. I will be out there soon hunting down my two favourite fish. I will be starting in the daylight in about12-13 feet of water, for crappie and walleye. As the sun goes down, so does the depth numbers into the dark of night. 10...8...6...4...2 feet of water. Where will they be exactly? .................. Hopefully hooked on my crank bait.

PMEmail Poster
flexkk
Posted: May 13, 2024 - 10:22 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 13479

I was out Friday and Saturday. I only fished for a bit Friday in the afternoon but no luck, we saw a Muskie and a large pike took a swipe at the boat. Saturday fished morning and again in the afternoon. 4 out of season bass, a pike and a 18.5” walleye. Lost a couple others that I believe were walleye. As discussed before i wish they would just make all of zone 17 the same regulations . There is to much confusion with the Balsam slot. This slot has been in place since 2001 and not sure that it has made a difference or not. No excuse for the people that don’t know the regulation for the body of water they are fishing but i feel it is not being followed . I fish almost every weekend May to October and most of the walleye i catch are in the no keep slot.

PMEmail Poster
flexkk
Posted: May 13, 2024 - 10:25 am

Adult Trout

Pike

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
flexkk
Posted: May 13, 2024 - 10:29 am

Adult Trout

18.5” walleye released

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: May 13, 2024 - 11:06 am

World Record Trout

Nice fish, and weather. Thanks for the update flexkk. Great pictures. I am heading out soon. Looks like I am going to get wet, with rain for the next 24 hours. Will post sometime tomorrow when the adventure is over. Bought some new boots yesterday.....Hope they work. LOL. Stay safe everyone.

PMEmail Poster
flexkk
Posted: May 13, 2024 - 11:10 am

Adult Trout

Thanks CM. Stay dry and looking forward to your report as usual

PMEmail Poster
salmonslayer
Posted: May 13, 2024 - 11:28 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7193

Hit sturgeon for saturday and sunday . Saturday started off with a broken bunk board unloading boat and since it was already in water went out managed 4 walleye only 1 in slot so released all for the half day was out then home to fix bunks sunday everything went perfect walleye were bitting first was a 7lb brute no pics as i wanted to get back in water with no stress got a few slot fish and some unders one huge bass . On the way back to dock stopped go try a nice spot at about 2pm and took 3 walleye there one being a healthy 5lbs . So for the day managed 12 walleye a bass and couple perch so took 2 slot fish home for dinner as thats enough for 2 of us . Most of the fish came off black and red 3/8 jig as i noticed with first fish it had a crawfish in its throat. On way back to launch seen couple guys fishing the river mentioned it was not open until next Saturday one person fishing right at the locks the ministry needs a little more presence around the area . Looking forward toward next weekend now. Tight lines everyone

PMEmail Poster
flexkk
Posted: May 13, 2024 - 11:35 am

Adult Trout

QUOTE (salmonslayer @ May 13, 2024 - 11:28 am)
Hit sturgeon for saturday and sunday . Saturday started off with a broken bunk board unloading boat and since it was already in water went out managed 4 walleye only 1 in slot so released all for the half day was out then home to fix bunks sunday everything went perfect walleye were bitting first was a 7lb brute no pics as i wanted to get back in water with no stress got a few slot fish and some unders one huge bass . On the way back to dock stopped go try a nice spot at about 2pm and took 3 walleye there one being a healthy 5lbs . So for the day managed 12 walleye a bass and couple perch so took 2 slot fish home for dinner as thats enough for 2 of us . Most of the fish came off black and red 3/8 jig as i noticed with first fish it had a crawfish in its throat. On way back to launch seen couple guys fishing the river mentioned it was not open until next Saturday one person fishing right at the locks the ministry needs a little more presence around the area . Looking forward toward next weekend now. Tight lines everyone

Sounds like you had a great opener. The pike i caught was full of crayfish and a clam of all things

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!