» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Back to school.
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 26, 2024 - 07:36 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 18589

QUOTE (Hubbabubba @ Jun 25, 2024 - 01:06 pm)
Jamie I wouldn't let school shut down your fishing! You can easily play hookie at least twice a week if you just forge a note from your Ma or Pah. I used to do it all the time, especially when the suckers were running. All it has to say is "Jamie won't be in today as he has the diarrhea". You could even add that you had eaten the meatloaf special at the Patty House in Coby.
Good luck with the books!

Thanks for the information, but I can't skip school. I wish this phrase was true, I would never leave the water. LOL.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 26, 2024 - 08:03 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Muskyhunter @ Jun 26, 2024 - 05:19 am)
Good luck with your studies my friend. I am sure it will pay off in the long run for you.

Thank you. The hardest part so far, is waking up at 7am everyday. I am usually going to sleep in the morning. Whether it was coming home from night shift at work, or coming back from a night of fishing. And this Monday to Friday every week is bizarre. I prefer working 12 hour shifts, 4 or 5 days on and 3 or 4 days off. Almost 25 years in the same routine, just another item on the list to modify. Good luck on your muskie fishing this season.

PMEmail Poster
Fozzy47
Posted: Jun 26, 2024 - 03:15 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 18006

C.P., I wish you all the very best with your new 'adventure'. You will come out of this much stronger than when you went in.
Once you 'get real smart from school and get settled in with a new career, I'm sure the Crappie fishing posts will start to appear again....lol.

Cheers,

PMEmail Poster
Neil
Posted: Jun 26, 2024 - 06:44 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4203

Hey Crappeeman,

Good on you for going back to school, you are never too old to learn. I used to say when I was working, if you learn something on a given day you get to go home. Never actually got to go home but knowledge is king.

As others have said you have work ethic going for you too.

Go get em!

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 27, 2024 - 07:42 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Neil @ Jun 26, 2024 - 06:44 pm)
Hey Crappeeman,

Good on you for going back to school, you are never too old to learn. I used to say when I was working, if you learn something on a given day you get to go home. Never actually got to go home but knowledge is king.

As others have said you have work ethic going for you too.

Go get em!

Thank you Neil, and thank you for all the great comments from all you guys. I always enjoy reading the stories on this Fishing Forum. When someone has a question, or is having trouble catching fish, or with their equipment, you guys jump right in to help. Some good people on this forum. Other social media sites could take a lesson or two from this one. Keep up the good work.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 27, 2024 - 08:04 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Fozzy47 @ Jun 26, 2024 - 03:15 pm)
C.P., I wish you all the very best with your new 'adventure'. You will come out of this much stronger than when you went in.
Once you 'get real smart from school and get settled in with a new career, I'm sure the Crappie fishing posts will start to appear again....lol.  

Cheers,

Thanks Fozzy. I am not sure when the fishing adventures will commence again. I was hoping for this long weekend, but that's not happening. Anticipation can be half the adventure sometimes. My expectation of getting out anytime soon is O% LOL.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
flexkk
Posted: Jun 27, 2024 - 11:05 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 13479

CM if you are as disciplined with your studies as you are at night fishing you will do great and be a scholar. I hate the thought of going back to school. I made a career change at 43 and had to right many test for licensing purposes, thankfully that is over and now am slowly trying to wind down. Good luck and hope you get out soon. I will say hi to the fish for you if i am lucky to catch some as i have 2 weeks vacation coming in early July so hope to be out on Balsam most days. Take care good luck and study hard it will pay off.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 28, 2024 - 04:47 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (flexkk @ Jun 27, 2024 - 11:05 am)
CM if you are as disciplined with your studies as you are at night fishing you will do great and be a scholar. I hate the thought of going back to school. I made a career change at 43 and had to right many test for licensing purposes, thankfully that is over and now am slowly trying to wind down. Good luck and hope you get out soon. I will say hi to the fish for you if i am lucky to catch some as i have 2 weeks vacation coming in early July so hope to be out on Balsam most days.  Take care good luck and study hard it will pay off.

Thanks flexkk. The fishing this evening and tonight should be great, but it looks like the rain will roll in. Tomorrow there is a good chance of thunderstorms, so stay safe everyone. Tonight the walleye and crappie will be very aggressive and hit your favourite lures hard. Trolling, casting, or jigging, this is going to be great fishing for the next twelve hours. Wish I was up there.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!