Members |  Forum Rules |  Search

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Thousand Island Report - April 28th
npetersen
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 - 08:24 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 337

So much for 10 k winds on Saturday, it ended up being 25km winds. We still got out and managed to get some fishing in. We went to our favourite bay but it was slow fishing and only caught a few small perch. We then tried another of our spots with no fish caught and then tried another area but the wind blew us away from it but we continued fishing. In this area, I ended up catching a 5lb bass, 26" pike (4lbs), 6lb bass and a decent perch which I went to measure but it flipped out of my grip and back into the water (it was approx 11"). Hubby was only catching the targeted fish of perch but nothing over 9". He was being kept too busy being the extreme net man and the camera man. All these fish were caught within 20 minutes. I know the pictures attached are OOS fish but they were brought in quickly, unhooked, quick picture and then released. All fish were caught on a micro jighead and pinhead minnow.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
npetersen
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 - 08:25 pm

World Record Trout

fish #2

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
npetersen
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 - 08:26 pm

World Record Trout

fish #3

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
npetersen
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 - 08:32 pm

World Record Trout

On Sunday we decided to head out earlier before the winds picked up and finally found a school of decent perch. We ended up keeping 7 perch from 10-11". Wind was blowing a bit so we drifted off the school and attached is another OOS bass (4 lbs) which was quickly unhooked, picture taken and released. Man I love fishing here! It's not my fault these fish don't know they are out of season!! Again, using ultralight rod/reel, micro jig and pinhead minnow. I can't wait until May 11th when we are up there again and can actually target the pike and maybe keep some for dinner.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
backwoodsmanbob
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 - 10:15 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 98

You guys sure do well, congrats. Keep up the good work. Maybe a pic of hubby with a fish. LOL

PMEmail Poster
npetersen
Posted: May 01, 2012 - 07:13 am

World Record Trout

I asked if he wanted a picture of him with his 3lb bass he caught but said it looked tiny compared to my fish so he passed getting a picture. Hopefully on our next trip there in 2 weeks he will catch a big guy.

PMEmail Poster
admin
Posted: May 01, 2012 - 08:17 am

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Great pictures! You are a real fishaholic..
Don't worry about hubby & keep out fishing him...

Yes, the winds in there can really pick up fast, but it's a beautiful area.
I also found the waters to be crystal clear, last year I could sight fish the jumbo perch in the shallows.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
npetersen
Posted: May 01, 2012 - 10:33 am

World Record Trout

At least my hubby doesn't get too jealous. If he gets a few decent size fish he is happy. This is our 6th year going to the area and just love it. The gobys have done a good job of clearing up the water and also fattening up the fish . It was funny you mentioned site fishing because on the Sunday, we were in 24 fow and site fishing the perch. I said this was almost like ice fishing!!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!