Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 1st time fishing Nosbonsing
chazD
Posted: Jan 25, 2023 - 10:18 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11172

Hey Guys, going up this Sunday to Nosbonsing. We will be staying at Big Moose camp, it will be my first time fishing this lake. Has anyone got any feedback on what I should expect?

PMEmail Poster
wee scot
Posted: Jan 26, 2023 - 06:54 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 2505

The owners are awsome people Chaz , they normally have there huts within walking distance of the cottages . We found they further afield we ventured the better the fishing was . directly across from his huts on the opposite shore there is a shallow weedbed where we did very well for pike if my memory serves me correctly.The pickerel we found a little harder to dial in on however a few were caught in the huts .Hope this helps

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: Jan 26, 2023 - 06:16 pm

World Record Trout

Thanks wee scot. I will be bringing gear that I can be portable by walking but not by machine. I will be sure to update the success or lack of success of this trip lol.

PMEmail Poster
Riggs
Posted: Jan 26, 2023 - 06:34 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17034

A group of us went there last year for the first time. Owners were new, so they didn’t know where to place huts. Last year, goose eggs, not a single hit. But, they were very nice and super accommodating. They admitted that they didn’t know enough about the lake and we’re going to scout the lake in the summer.

The cottages are clean and well maintained. Much better than what we use to do, which was huts on the ice.
We enjoyed it so much, even with the lousy fishing, that we are going back. We will also be there tomorrow and actually extending it to a Monday departure.

Hope to see you and really hoping to swap success stories and tips.

Good luck! Safe trip!

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: Jan 26, 2023 - 07:11 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Riggs @ Jan 26, 2023 - 06:34 pm)
A group of us went there last year for the first time. Owners were new, so they didn’t know where to place huts. Last year, goose eggs, not a single hit. But, they were very nice and super accommodating. They admitted that they didn’t know enough about the lake and we’re going to scout the lake in the summer.

The cottages are clean and well maintained. Much better than what we use to do, which was huts on the ice.
We enjoyed it so much, even with the lousy fishing, that we are going back. We will also be there tomorrow and actually extending it to a Monday departure.

Hope to see you and really hoping to swap success stories and tips.

Good luck! Safe trip!

Hope to meet you on Sunday for a cold one one the Ice.

PMEmail Poster
moose85
Posted: Jan 26, 2023 - 09:16 pm

Egg

Member No.: 16982

Going to heading to Big Moose camp on Sunday as well for 4 nights for the first time.

Have heard good things about the fishing on the lake.

Thank you for the insight Riggs

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: Jan 27, 2023 - 08:05 pm

World Record Trout

Hey Moose, maybe see you there.

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Jan 28, 2023 - 08:12 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

Maybe you could pick up the hitch hiker,at the bottom of Burloak,Sunday morning. He's got his own gear lol..

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: Jan 28, 2023 - 03:10 pm

World Record Trout

Hey Dave, I'm feeling like a hitch hiker on this trip. I jumped in on this trip, kinda last minute thing. I'll let you know how it goes.

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Jan 28, 2023 - 04:21 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

QUOTE (chazD @ Jan 28, 2023 - 03:10 pm)
Hey Dave, I'm feeling like a hitch hiker on this trip. I jumped in on this trip, kinda last minute thing. I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck man, hope you have great and safe trip..👍

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: Jan 28, 2023 - 09:31 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (fishmagnet @ Jan 28, 2023 - 04:21 pm)
QUOTE (chazD @ Jan 28, 2023 - 03:10 pm)

Good luck man, hope you have great and safe trip..👍

Thanks Dave.

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 07:08 pm

World Record Trout

Well Nosbonsing was a bust, was kind of expecting a tough bite but we never even marked fish. It wasn't through lack of effort, as we were a group of 5 and split up to cover ground, as the action in the huts was non existent. Met up with fellow board member Moose85 and had a beer together, hope you made out better then us Moose. We ended up packing up the portable huts and sleds and headed over to Nippising for a day and fished around the South River area, got a couple pike and walleye. All in all it was a another good trip in the books with good friends. Think we'll stick with Nipp next time.

PMEmail Poster
Riggs
Posted: Feb 04, 2023 - 08:27 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 17034

We had a group of 7 last weekend. We landed 3 pike total, amongst the 7 of us. Friday to Monday. We didn’t spot many fish.

PMEmail Poster
Massey6180
Posted: Feb 22, 2023 - 02:46 pm

Egg

Member No.: 20262

I am heading to Nosbonsing for the 3rd time this weekend. We went to Big Moose and Birch Hill several years ago. Cottages at both have been nice but the fishing has been terrible. I was really hoping that maybe things had changed but based on the last post I'm even less optimistic we will catch anything. Anyone know where Birch Hill has their huts this year or had any luck in that area?

PMEmail Poster
dickie
Posted: Feb 22, 2023 - 05:49 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 124

QUOTE (Massey6180 @ Feb 22, 2023 - 02:46 pm)
I am heading to Nosbonsing for the 3rd time this weekend. We went to Big Moose and Birch Hill several years ago. Cottages at both have been nice but the fishing has been terrible. I was really hoping that maybe things had changed but based on the last post I'm even less optimistic we will catch anything. Anyone know where Birch Hill has their huts this year or had any luck in that area?

Going in Feb greatly decreases your chances as the fish become less active due to decreasing oxygen supplies in the water because of ice cover. GOOD LUCK ANYWAYS

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!