Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Salmon & Lake Trout
bead4940
Posted: May 27, 2024 - 08:44 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 6003

Looking for some advice,

Recently moved back to the area from north western ontario and haven't fished the bay in quite a few years. What are some of the better access points? Went out Sunday and launched just south of Balm Beach, launch was really shallow and it cost $30 for the morning. I hear collingwood harbour is $60 for the day. Any advice on good, relatively affordable access would be great. I fish out of a 16' pro tiller with a 70hp so on calm days a bit of a run is fine but when there's chop it can get wet. Travelling from Innisfil for reference.

Had some success Sunday with 2 nice lakers and a small salmon. Found some 55 deg water in about 60-70 fow that was holding bait and that was where we got onto the fish. Moved out deeper and temps dropped to 52 deg, no bait and no marks so moved back shallower. Played with trolling speed a bit and the salmon bit early in the morning at 2.5mph, trout seemed to like 1.8-2mph. Anyone else having success? What depths are you finding them? Planning on heading out again in the next week or two, any advice would be much appreciated.

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: May 27, 2024 - 08:49 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 67

Try Meaford, assuming they have not changed launch fees.

SDC

PMEmail Poster
Krawler
Posted: May 28, 2024 - 10:04 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 2268

Penetang $20 i believe, could be wrong. Exceptional fishing in that area lately for trout and Salmon. Find structure that has consistent depths of 65-130fow. PS ignore the bait (trust me), try trolling faster 3mph plus with heavier spoons or speed tolerant spoons. Grippers have been on fire lately and moonshines.

Launch south of balm is good access but fishing out of there doesnt heat up until late july and all of august.

www.gripperlures.com

PMEmail Poster
SpeerZ
Posted: May 28, 2024 - 01:00 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 9870

Penetang is $30, was there on Saturday.

PMEmail Poster
2Cold
Posted: May 29, 2024 - 12:46 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 2682

Looks like $20 for launch only $30 launch and park.....there are resident and non resident rates aslo.
They also have non resident season pass for$250...if you fish there all sping,summer, and fall ...that would be the best bang for the buck?

https://penetanguishene.ca/recreation-and-c...dock-and-wharf/

PM
bead4940
Posted: May 31, 2024 - 07:41 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 6003

Thanks for the replies! I will try Penetang next trip. I have a few moonshine and Northern Kings that I will be running. Do you run similar colours to what works on Lake Ontario? I used to fish out of port credit quite a bit and always had success on the NK lures.

PMEmail Poster
Krawler
Posted: Jun 03, 2024 - 07:38 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 2268

Im still using standard spoons some guys have made the switch to mags.

Gbay is better with white, black, green, purple and blue. Stay away from the bright colors that works on Lake O, further, I personally do not run any UV, doesn't work for me. I know its a staple on Lake O and some guys like it on Gbay but not for me. Any carbon inspired spoons do well on Gbay.

good luck

kris

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Jun 04, 2024 - 03:54 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (Krawler @ Jun 03, 2024 - 07:38 am)
Im still using standard spoons some guys have made the switch to mags.

Gbay is better with white, black, green, purple and blue. Stay away from the bright colors that works on Lake O, further, I personally do not run any UV, doesn't work for me. I know its a staple on Lake O and some guys like it on Gbay but not for me. Any carbon inspired spoons do well on Gbay.

good luck

kris

Mostly likely since we often fish very stained waters.......ergo, the brighter colors

under normal clearer water.....all the colors you mentioned work...

I do prefer Michigan stingray sizes once the temps hit 50 degrees and another favourite is Moonshine carbon 14

you have to start running high confidence baits no matter what or where you are fishing

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
spooner
Posted: Jun 08, 2024 - 06:55 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 778

Solid advice right here on the spoon choices. Too bad the fees to launch are so high in the area. Season pass is the way to go if you go out regularly.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!