» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lake Simcoe Maps & Charts
Gjames
Posted: Jan 16, 2014 - 07:53 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 5573

Wouldn't be possible to get that off you eh pipeguy?

PMEmail Poster
AlconaKevin
Posted: Jan 16, 2014 - 08:59 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 1397

QUOTE (Gjames @ Jan 16, 2014 - 07:53 pm)
Wouldn't be possible to get that off you eh pipeguy?

The link is up top, under Lake Info.

When you click on the map that comes up you can DL that chart.

PMEmail Poster
poppajd
Posted: Mar 05, 2014 - 06:25 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 5930

Hi. If you have a smart phone with a built in GPS, you can download an app called Navionics. It will give you an accurate hydrographic map of any lake in Canada, in great detail. One of this sites members referred it to me when I asked about maps , and I would love to thank him, but I lost the thread. have already used it on simcoe, scugog and Loughborough. It costs $15 a year but is well worth it I think. They have a website

John

PMEmail Poster
callatis
Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 11:25 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 4290

Try the tablet HD version of Navionics map and add the $4.99 update for the Sonar charts and new depth contours. Great asset.
Attached is a screen shot

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
npetersen
Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 08:09 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 337

QUOTE (poppajd @ Mar 05, 2014 - 06:25 pm)
Hi. If you have a smart phone with a built in GPS, you can download an app called Navionics. It will give you an accurate hydrographic map of any lake in Canada, in great detail. One of this sites members referred it to me when I asked about maps , and I would love to thank him, but I lost the thread. have already used it on simcoe, scugog and Loughborough. It costs $15 a year but is well worth it I think. They have a website

John

As far as I know, the Navionics app is only $15, period. Not at year unless I am mistaken.

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 08:21 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

That looks like a lot more detail than the Garmin Bluechart that I have. Does it say what the contour interval is?

PMEmail Poster
callatis
Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 12:08 pm

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (npetersen @ Mar 07, 2014 - 08:09 am)
As far as I know, the Navionics app is only $15, period. Not at year unless I am mistaken.

$15 is the standard definition. It's OK for smartphones but not recommended for tablets. The HD tablet version cost $54.99 Navionics HD
Don't forget to buy the $4.99 update

PMEmail Poster
callatis
Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 12:31 pm

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (Knuguy @ Mar 07, 2014 - 08:21 am)
That looks like a lot more detail than the Garmin Bluechart that I have. Does it say what the contour interval is?

The contours intervals are generated by us, using the new Navionics+ map and uploading our recordings back to Navionics.
These new contours are part of their new feature called the Sonar Charts. The old maps come with Nautical charts only.

Finally I got this one doing my home work because Radioworld or Navionics guys from the Toronto Fishing Show couldn’t make it clear.

The main difference between existing nautical charts (i.e. Gold, Platinum and Hotmaps) is the new Sonar Charts and Community Edits features.
Sonar Charts
Community Edits

Using Sonar Charts you can record the bottom depth more accurate than the existing Nautical Charts and you can upload it back to Navionics. After that you can download the latest updates (including yours) on to your Navionics+ card.
Sonar Charts
Navionics SonarCharts™ Recording Sonar Logs

If you already have an older Navionics map you must go to a dealer and pay $99 for Navionics Updates to Navionics+.

Q:How does it work?

A:You buy Navionics Updates at a dealer - You plug the card into your computer SD slot or in a card reader and then eject it- You are requested to insert your old card that gets blacklisted - Then, you are requested to plug the Navionics Updates card into your computer SD slot or in a card reader again - Now select your region and proceed with downloading data as per the guided procedure

I saw another video that I can’t find that after the first year with free updates you just select your lake and pay around $9 for a zone.

Compatibilty Chart for Navionics+

For a live demo pick a lake from the states, zoom in until Sonar Charts button is enabled and see the difference for yourself.
Live demo

Enjoy it!!!! (Navionics should pay me for doing this)

PMEmail Poster
npetersen
Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 01:10 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 337

You mention the old card gets blacklisted. Does this mean that this card is no longer useable? I have an older sonar/gps that uses the SD card but a newer ice machine that needs the Micro SD card so I would need to be able to use both cards.

PMEmail Poster
callatis
Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 02:50 pm

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (npetersen @ Mar 07, 2014 - 01:10 pm)
I have an older sonar/gps that uses the SD card but a newer ice machine that needs the Micro SD card so I would need to be able to use both cards.

I just quoted Navionics. The upgrade procedure is posted here.
How to upgrade from an old card to Navionics+

From your post I understand you are already using two different cards? Are you?
If you have two different cards you just update one of them, the SD card. And yes, that old card will be blacklisted as you pay the upgrade price instead of $190, the full prices for Navionics+.
As you said "an older sonar", make sure your unit is compatible with Navionics+ and you get the Sonar charts. That is the minimum you want.
You can live without the community edits but all the money are in these new depth contours.

PMEmail Poster
poppajd
Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 11:40 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 5930

being cheap I hope you are right. Will contact Navionics.

J

PMEmail Poster
callatis
Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 12:16 pm

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (poppajd @ Mar 11, 2014 - 11:40 am)
being cheap I hope you are right. Will contact Navionics.

if you already have the $15 app, just compare it with my screen capture.

PMEmail Poster
walleye37
Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 02:27 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 6230

Hey callatis, I clicked the link, and nearly fainted. What really impressed me was the availability of lakes off the TSW charts. Which I used faithfully, until today. Thanks for sharing.

PMEmail Poster
callatis
Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 09:38 pm

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (walleye37 @ Mar 12, 2014 - 02:27 pm)
Hey callatis, I clicked the link, and nearly fainted. What really impressed me was the availability of lakes off the TSW charts. Which I used faithfully, until today. Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome. Today I passed by BassPro and I could compare the old Navionics Hotmaps vs Navionics +. It's like VHS vs DVD quality.
I will get the Navionics Update, sold there for $109

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!