Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What a difference a day makes, weather, electric auger
steelheader
Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 04:29 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 315

Wow !! What a difference a day makes..Was out yesterday off IBP

Had to take off my suit and wished I'd brought sun screen, absolutely a georgous day There were moms and kids and dogs ,people out for just a walk..Great.. Cars and trucks all over the lake..access was OK..

Now look at today ,Temp drop of 20+ and he's got it snowing..

Fishing , started in 65 fow lost one good fish on the williams, moved to 50 chasers but no hookups, into 40 nil..then to 31 fow caught some perch on the rap ,nothing huge or pix worthy but we are having a feed tonite..

On my new auger , first time this year I was to the bottom.."30" Wow, a true test , poked 14 holes or '35 FEET of ice before the backup battery was required..

All in all a great day to be out..

Now for some serious "PERCH" fishing..

PMEmail Poster
Sidehook
Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 06:23 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 123

Nice report steelheader, glad you had great time.congrats on your purchase,this season power auger is a must...remember few years back on lake Bernard,30" of ice hand auger,15+ holes drilled 4 hands..though I was going to quit ice fishing after,next day Jiffy was sitting in a back of the car,next outing what a difference! Booked tomorrow day off a week ago,who would knew at that time it's going to be like this ,but still going to be out to catch....last days of the season,enjoy your power

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!