Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fishing Wednesday, Always good to get out
Michael Kerwin
Posted: Feb 23, 2024 - 08:05 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7520

We went up to our go-to Muskoka spot on Wednesday last and started fishing in 70'. Within a few minutes of setting up, I hooked into a decent laker using a nose hooked micro tube on a Simcoe Bug -- that definitely felt like a good start to the day! We were marking lots of baitfish but, alas, the lake trout were considerably more scarce but not so much that we felt the need to move. Over the next few hours, a few more, smaller lakers were iced and then, as so often happens, things quietened. A decision was made to move and we then set up in 60'. Again, we quickly iced some fish but many of those were non-keepers; however, we were marking fish -- for the time being at least!

Despite those early morning starts, it was, as always, good to get out. Between us, we took home three fish. Temperatures were well into the plus range but with a brisk wind, felt considerably cooler. Ice was still about 5"; although somewhat degraded from the previous week, it was still solid with about a 4" mix of snow and slush on top.

PMEmail Poster
Mike33
Posted: Feb 23, 2024 - 08:24 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 19120

Great report Michael, you’ve got the lake trout dialed in on that downsized presentation with the Simcoe bug.

PMEmail Poster
Michael Kerwin
Posted: Feb 23, 2024 - 10:47 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7520

Usually, I tip the Simcoe Bug with a minnow. On Wednesday, I started with the micro tube because we had arrived early and our third party member hadn't yet arrived with the live bait. Given the result, I'll try the same presentation again; like they say, let the fish tell you what they want.

PMEmail Poster
mykola
Posted: Feb 23, 2024 - 02:06 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 13075

A familiar tactic! Although I’m rarely fishing deeper than 55fow. Mini white tubes are killer for many species.

PMEmail Poster
Fishnhunt
Posted: Feb 23, 2024 - 05:33 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 15869

Great report. Thanks for sharing.

PMEmail Poster
Nuclear
Posted: Feb 23, 2024 - 06:15 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 3419

Nice to be out great outing

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!