Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New location, ...and found some WF
Flukes
Posted: Yesterday at 08:13 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15807

A bit windy today so couldn't fish the usual spot and I have been moving around a bit every now and then to see if I can find some new spots for WF. Went to a place that was sheltered from the ENE winds but maintaining position was a bit of a challenge still (I was not using the kayak but a canoe with a trolling motor so hands were not always both free - can't justify buying one with spot lock for me anyway so I really like fishing from my pedal drive kayak). Anyway, it took most of the three hours we had to fish to putter around to find the depth I was hoping to fish as well as of course some fish. I have tried fishing this spot a few times this year with nothing to show. Hooked up soon after I marked a fish and the baits went down...I actually did not see the bait or the fish on the screen when I hooked up (both just out of the sonar's cone I guess). Lost that just before I could get a look (saw the lure come up more or less as soon as the fish came off). Second fish came as I was coaching my wife on her lure's depth after I saw a mark and she landed her first WF ever. Third fish was larger but had a netting issue and lost it as well (I need to figure out my netting issues and stop losing fish )) Then I finally land two in a row...my wife is the type that will put down her fishing pole because it's time to eat even if it's the only fish school that we have seen all day. Good thing is that she doesn't get upset that I will catch fish during that time. Had two more bites but nothing hooked. What is interesting is that this spot is a very small spot and every time we drifted away too far, the screen goes blank....that's probably why the earlier trips were unsuccessful (today, just happen to find that spot and picked up a few fish). Hope the new sonar/GPS position saving worked or I will need to putter around more to find it. Gave one WF to a neighbour (he fishes as well but has never caught a WF). The two kept, one was a female (full of eggs).
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! No fishing for me tomorrow - too windy and the other stuff of course

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Flukes
Posted: Yesterday at 08:14 pm

World Record Trout

took a photo of the eggs this time

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Flukes
Posted: Yesterday at 08:14 pm

World Record Trout

and another one of the eggs

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Yesterday at 10:59 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

beautiful whitefish. Glad you found the fish on another lake.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Flukes
Posted: Yesterday at 11:14 pm

World Record Trout

Thanks!

PMEmail Poster
mykola
Posted: Today at 06:37 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 13075

Those eggs are looking ripe. Nice catch. What depth were they in? I will be out this coming weekend for them on a different lake further south.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: 41 minutes ago

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

Very nice fish. I hope I say this right, would not want to offend you or anyone else. I have heard whitefish are hard to keep on the hook. You said you were having netting issues. If you are having trouble at the net, watch xiaolu and how he nets a fish in his videos. It is one smooth motion, leading the fish into the net. I net the same way, and can't remember the last time a fish got off. But when it happens, that sinking feeling of "NOOOOOO, what did I do wrong" always gets me every time. Good luck out there.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!