» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lowarnce Hook 4 Ice machine update, ..anyone have this problem?
Flukes
Posted: Yesterday at 11:40 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15807

Everything has been working well (and I am catching fish so it's working well enough) except one thing. The sonar freezes periodically (for about 30-60+ sec) and sometimes will start scrolling again or sometimes, I just flip to another page screen and then got back to just sonar (I only use the traditional sonar page as my transducer is not a CHIRP one). Has anyone had this problem with their sonars (Lowrance or other brands) and know what maybe causing these freezes? Depth does not seem to be the issue because it can freeze when over shallow or deep water. This also tends not to happen as often later in the day. Not sure if it's a problem with me using the older transducer or the unit itself...I guess I will find out when I use it with this unit's ice transducer in 2-3 months. This freezing doesn't happen too often (maybe 2-3 times during a 3-4 hr fishing trip) and sometimes, it doesn't freeze at all so I have no idea.

Oh, the other thing I have found a bit irritating with this unit (and an older Lowrance HDS 5 unit I have used before) is the amount of time it takes to boot up and also shut-down after pressing the power button. Not sure if this is typical of Lowrance equipment.

PMEmail Poster
dmaster
Posted: Today at 10:36 am

Fry

Member No.: 7601

Check if your sonar has the latest firmware installed:
https://www.lowrance.com/downloads/

PMEmail Poster
Brooktrout
Posted: Today at 10:45 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 64

I was having a similar issue with my Lowrance (Elite 4). It would suddenly freeze, and sometimes completely shut down.

I spoke to a Lowrance tech - he suggested to try doing a reset. There are two different types, one will erase your waypoints, and the other resets everything back to factory defaults, but saves your waypoint.

I tried the factory reset, and everything seems to be running smoothly since. I only use it in the winter, so I'll see how it operates this coming winter.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!