Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bad People
coldmike1
Posted: Jun 28, 2020 - 05:15 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3039

I have always looked at the good in people because most of us are decent people. Went north this weekend to visit my parents and just to check on things. Took a ride to my huntcamp in behind the Kearney area. I would have no issue if someone needed a tarp for shelter or firewood or a bottled water. We leave this all out for anyone coming by but when someone for no apparent reason decides to smash windows somehow move the steel bars I have there and that I need to figure out and in the end take a deck of cards and a few rolls of toilet paper. To the people that did this, I have you on film. My cameras are well hiddin and they were untouched. They will be passed on to the OPP. I hope it was worth it to you. For my dad who saw this at 88 years of age, who had this camp since his dad was young it just hurts. I can deal with it cause I know there are bad people out there but for him, its devastating. How can people just simply be so rotten. It is a sad state of affairs

PMEmail Poster
Dbfish
Posted: Jun 28, 2020 - 05:21 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

QUOTE (coldmike1 @ Jun 28, 2020 - 02:15 pm)
I have always looked at the good in people because most of us are decent people. Went north this weekend to visit my parents and just to check on things. Took a ride to my huntcamp in behind the Kearney area. I would have no issue if someone needed a tarp for shelter or firewood or a bottled water. We leave this all out for anyone coming by but when someone for no apparent reason decides to smash windows somehow move the steel bars I have there and that I need to figure out and in the end take a deck of cards and a few rolls of toilet paper. To the people that did this, I have you on film. My cameras are well hiddin and they were untouched. They will be passed on to the OPP. I hope it was worth it to you. For my dad who saw this at 88 years of age, who had this camp since his dad was young it just hurts. I can deal with it cause I know there are bad people out there but for him, its devastating. How can people just simply be so rotten. It is a sad state of affairs

Welcome to planet Earth! Some real dirtbags out there thats for sure!

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Jun 28, 2020 - 05:57 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Dbfish said it best....dirtbags.
I hope your camera footage can bring some justice.

PMEmail Poster
Disco
Posted: Jun 28, 2020 - 06:20 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10908

I hope the perps are caught. So disgusting.

As my family real estate agent said to my family when we bought the cottage, “lock it but don’t lock it to well. They just do more damage if they are coming in anyway.”

PMEmail Poster
coldmike1
Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 04:41 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3039

in hindsight I shouldn't have been surprised, there truly are dirtbags out there

PMEmail Poster
poidy
Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 11:40 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4591

ya cameras work, we got a few dirtbags over the years, locals knew them

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
sabmgb
Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 07:56 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 15901

yup, can't leave anything out, or not. they just want to take or destroy things.

PMEmail Poster
Northhunter
Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 01:11 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 3521

That sucks, man.

We may or may not have a problem with people using isolated camps here. Actually we know of one fellow who had to rip his boathouse down.. his camp is tucked into a little bay, road access but an "out of the way" kinda place. Kids were using the boathouse to hangout, drink and have fires.

There is a cabin up the shoreline from us. Boat access, no hydro. You wouldn't know there was a camp there if it weren't for the dock. We're not even sure who owns it anymore.. but we see random boats moored at the dock. They never stay long.. always different boats.
We were fishing there a couple years ago during the week. Kayak at the dock. Evening, no lights. We could hear someone rummaging around. Went back in the morning and the kayak is now pulled up into the bushes. They left that day.

Our camp is also boat access. But clearly visible with hydro. Not far from the mainland but no camps on the other side. We've had benches moved, propane tanks and axes taken, the tp in the outhouse go missing... no break ins but we suspect people pull in to use the beach when no one is around. Kind of unnerving. I had a trail cam out last summer. Didn't get anything but no incidents either. The bench was odd. Like someone came in, hung out a while but moved it to what they felt was a "better" spot.

PMEmail Poster
SixthHades
Posted: Jul 15, 2020 - 06:53 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17949

Yeah that happens unfortunately... hopefully the OPP do something about it and not just sit on it like I've seen before with stolen property and destruction to private property.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3