Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Callander Bay access points
fishnFanatic
Posted: Jan 15, 2024 - 10:25 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 17259

I'm normally exclusively a Simcoe and Cooch guy in the winter, but with Ma Nature not cooperating so far I thought I would bite the bullet and drive a bit further north up to Nipissing. I've never been there before, so I'm fishing totally blind. I'm targeting perch and walleyes and from the info I've seen so far, Callander Bay seems like a popular spot with fairly easy access from the highway. I'm not looking for anybody's secret honey hole, but if anyone could advise where there is free parking in the area (hoping somewhere its free, unlike Simcoe!) that has access to some decent fishing, i would appreciate it if it could be passed along. How far out from shore do you typically need to go before you can start to hit fishable waters, and approx what depth should I be targeting this time of the year? Any info is much appreciated. Thx

PMEmail Poster
FrankJobin
Posted: Jan 15, 2024 - 10:50 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17694

We spent the night out on the ice this past weekend. We parked at Sunbeam Bungalows for a very fair rate overnight and there is access right there from Main St. No overnight parking on the roads, but you can park on the street there for day access.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!