Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tinny wheels, Anyone ever use them?
Winterfisher
Posted: Mar 19, 2020 - 07:53 am

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 16638

Hey all,

Saw an ad for wheels that attach on the back of the transom for easy transport. I sometimes fish alone and where there is not always a proper launch. I was wondering if anyone has ever used these to launch their tinny. Are they as practical as they look, before I bite the bullet and buy. Thanks.

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Mar 19, 2020 - 08:04 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

I know the ones you're talking about and being a frugal type made my own. A couple of 8 inch tires and 5/8 round bar, with washers and presto pins from Princes Auto. A 2 x 4 a bit wider than the tinny and you're off to the race. I ran a 1/2 inch wide by 1/2 inch deep groove along the flat side of the 2x 4 to keep the bar from rolling away. Slide the contraption under the boat, attach with a ratchet strap over the top and go. I used mine on a 14' tinny with 7.5 Honda on the back, it was an easy pull. I would suggest not to use skinny tires, they dig into the ground and mud too easy. Tires something like these. Tires

PM
Winterfisher
Posted: Mar 19, 2020 - 08:45 am

Adult Trout

I didn't even consider making my own. That sounds like a great idea. They weren't going to break the bank (I think I saw them for 170 bucks), but doing it myself probably wont go over 40. Thanks, again.

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Mar 19, 2020 - 08:50 am

World Record Trout

Not knowing where you are, I'd give you an extra set of wheels I have getting dusty for nothing to keep it cheaper.

PM
Winterfisher
Posted: Mar 19, 2020 - 06:29 pm

Adult Trout

Appreciate it. I have tires everywhere though, run a landscaping business. God knows how I didn't think of using those tires for something actually fun in the first place.

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Mar 19, 2020 - 06:41 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Winterfisher @ Mar 19, 2020 - 06:29 pm)
Appreciate it. I have tires everywhere though, run a landscaping business. God knows how I didn't think of using those tires for something actually fun in the first place.

Well there ya go, half the battle is already won.

PM
Bow.hunter
Posted: Jan 28, 2023 - 12:58 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13432

I made some that are swing down and swing up with a pin type system. Under 30$. And you’ll never bend or break them. If you need some pictures, please send me your email and I can help as best as I can. They’re perfect for my Lund A14.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3