Kayak Anglers Forum
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> My new aircraft carrier, 14ft Hobie Mirage PA
longfish
Posted: Jun 29, 2021 - 09:27 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10648

Well after three years of humming and hawing I finely scored the kayak I have been looking for. I got myself a 14 foot Hobie Mirage Pro Angler. I picked it up in Renfrew last Saturday and was in the water on Sunday. This is going to be fun.

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
longfish
Posted: Jun 29, 2021 - 09:30 pm

World Record Trout

Here fishy fishy....the perfect eater for breakfast.

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
longfish
Posted: Jun 29, 2021 - 09:32 pm

World Record Trout

pic 3 Coming back into Waubaushene.

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
longfish
Posted: Jun 29, 2021 - 09:34 pm

World Record Trout

Pic 4 Happy place here I come.

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
longfish
Posted: Jun 29, 2021 - 09:43 pm

World Record Trout

Pic 4

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Chrome Bullets
Posted: Jun 29, 2021 - 11:12 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 17156

They are great kayaks. I have the PA 14 and a PA 17T. I love em both with the 17T being my favorite. I did have a PA 12 but found it was just too small for me.

They can handle any water you throw at it. I'm out on Lake Ontario every weekend chasing steelies and salmon with both of mine.

The more you look at it the more you will want to put on it and the more expensive it gets. It never ends lol.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Jun 30, 2021 - 08:37 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

That's a beautiful kayak Attached Image Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
mamona
Posted: Jun 30, 2021 - 09:38 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 14206

You can not go wrong with the PA. Congrats on the purchase and have fun

PMEmail Poster
Dutch
Posted: Jun 30, 2021 - 12:54 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7179

Welcome to the Hobie Owners Club!

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
thrillhouse
Posted: Jun 30, 2021 - 04:55 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3420

Great looking vessel you got yourself.

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Jun 30, 2021 - 07:09 pm

World Record Trout

Thank you everyone.....had her out on Sunday with no rigging and loved every second of it. Will be up North again Friday but in the Tinnie. Then next week the toys I have ordered to rig it will start coming in.......can hardly wait to get her done and really start enjoying her, and yes Chrome Bullets I will be taking her on Lake O to chase what it has to offer.....going on a charter this coming Monday.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
longfish
Posted: Jun 30, 2021 - 07:16 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Chrome Bullets @ Jun 29, 2021 - 11:12 pm)
They are great kayaks. I have the PA 14 and a PA 17T. I love em both with the 17T being my favorite. I did have a PA 12 but found it was just too small for me.

They can handle any water you throw at it. I'm out on Lake Ontario every weekend chasing steelies and salmon with both of mine.

The more you look at it the more you will want to put on it and the more expensive it gets. It never ends lol.

Definitely been a long time dream for me to Kayak fish on Lake O......and yes she will be rigged good....Have been wondering what she will handle in regards to waves......was out in two footers Sunday and that seemed a cakewalk for it. I do Georgian Bay mostly in the Waubaushene area.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
spoonplugger
Posted: Jul 04, 2021 - 06:42 am

Fry

Member No.: 954

Congrats on your Hobie purchase, these kayaks are the Rangers of the kayak world. Get yourself a short hand paddle if you ever need to go backwards will come in handy at times, also don't over rig your Kayak, adds weight slows you down also gets in your way when fishing, keep it simple finder and rod holder. To make your fishing easier I would add a transom mount and a 12v 55lbs trolling motor this will increase your range and help with wind issues. Enjoy, if you need help with the transom mount contact me Spoonplugger.

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Jul 06, 2021 - 11:19 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (spoonplugger @ Jul 04, 2021 - 06:42 am)
Congrats on your Hobie purchase, these kayaks are the Rangers of the kayak world. Get yourself  a short hand paddle if you ever need to go backwards will come in handy at times, also don't over rig your Kayak, adds weight slows you down also gets in your way when fishing, keep it simple finder and rod holder. To make your fishing easier I would add a transom mount and a 12v 55lbs trolling motor this will increase your range and help with wind issues. Enjoy, if you need help with the transom mount contact me Spoonplugger.

Thanks Spoonplugger for the advice and offer of help. I am looking at a few electric drives. Have the paddle. Rod holder , mounts, tracks are all on order. A fish bag also on order. Have a anchor and will look at others that have anchor setups on here like James. Also a Scotty transducer mount on order and transducer, will use my Helix 10.

Have you ever tried a small sail on one of these?

PMEmail PosterYahoo
spoonplugger
Posted: Jul 07, 2021 - 12:58 pm

Fry

Member No.: 954

I know that Hobie sells sails for the PA and the Outbacks but they are expensive, never did try one but I think they will work fine, but don't go out in high winds, will blow you over, remember there is very little keel to hold you up right, keep your peddles together when using a sail the fins act as the keel in the vertical position. Also you may need to add some rigging for the sail to catch the wind.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3