ยป Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> [Saturday May 4] kayak fishing for Muskoka laker
sparky302
Posted: May 05, 2024 - 03:28 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4572

Nice catch and nice looking kayak rig you got there it looks all outfitted !!

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Mike33
Posted: May 09, 2024 - 12:12 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 19120

QUOTE (xiaolu @ May 05, 2024 - 06:10 am)
what caused the damage

(Somehow my usual very-effective vibrato didn't work this time, with quite a few aggressive chasers but no commit:-)

Late reply- nice catch James! This is pretty much my go-to these days, 1/4oz nedhead with a soft plastic minnow imitation.

PMEmail Poster
InformativeAngling
Posted: May 09, 2024 - 12:45 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 9792

Well done! Are you fishing the bottom with this rig or are you still making then chase?

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: May 10, 2024 - 04:22 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (InformativeAngling @ May 09, 2024 - 12:45 pm)
Well done! Are you fishing the bottom with this rig or are you still making then chase?

Thanks. I have bait suspended in the middle of water column, and wait for laker to come up from bottom, and then let the fish play the "chase and commit" game:-) Cheers

PMEmail PosterYahoo
InformativeAngling
Posted: May 10, 2024 - 09:11 am

Smolt Trout

Awesome! I have managed to catch ones off the bottom when they were having trouble committing on the chase! I think in one of the youtube video clips you can even see me tapping a vibrato on bottom and the laker swiping at it!

PMEmail Poster
InformativeAngling
Posted: May 10, 2024 - 09:14 am

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (xiaolu @ May 05, 2024 - 07:10 am)
what caused the damage

(Somehow my usual very-effective vibrato didn't work this time, with quite a few aggressive chasers but no commit:-)

The vibrato is the best for them in that area. I dont know what colour vibrato you were using but next time you go out, put on a 1oz hot lime vibrato or blue glow tiger in the morning/evening. These work wonders for me.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: May 10, 2024 - 03:18 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (InformativeAngling @ May 10, 2024 - 09:14 am)
QUOTE (xiaolu @ May 05, 2024 - 07:10 am)
what caused the damage

The vibrato is the best for them in that area. I dont know what colour vibrato you were using but next time you go out, put on a 1oz hot lime vibrato or blue glow tiger in the morning/evening. These work wonders for me.

Thank you, and I will try what you suggested next time (PS I was using vibrato in perch pattern, or in gold or silver colour, and most time I use one 1/2 OZ or 3/4 OZ)... Cheers

PMEmail PosterYahoo
InformativeAngling
Posted: May 10, 2024 - 04:46 pm

Smolt Trout

I like the 1oz because i can get down to the fish very fast as soon as i mark them on my electronics and when they stop chasing i can get right back down instantly. Also because the vibrato is so heavy it falls very quickly and i feel like because of this fast rate of fall it gets more bites on the fall than you usually would, as you are basically making them chase downwards. But I will definitely have to experiment with the lighter variations since the vibrato has a very nice flutter on the fall and this would be more enticing with the slower rate of fall of the lighter versions. I will have to pickup some perch colours as its the only one I dont have but I know one thing for sure, my buddy and I were both fishing side by side with the same setups, I was using hot lime and he was trying natural shiner/golden shiner/firetiger and every single fish came on the hot lime, everytime we dropped down at the same time they would ALWAYS key in on the hot lime, it was actually pretty insane, unfortunately I only had one in my tackle box so I couldnt lend him the same colour vibarto As soon as I got home I had to order a few more in case I ever lose the one that I have hahaah (and so did he )

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: May 12, 2024 - 08:25 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (InformativeAngling @ May 10, 2024 - 04:46 pm)
I like the 1oz because i can get down to the fish very fast as soon as i mark them on my electronics and when they stop chasing i can get right back down instantly. Also because the vibrato is so heavy it falls very quickly and i feel like because of this fast rate of fall it gets more bites on the fall than you usually would, as you are basically making them chase downwards. But I will definitely have to experiment with the lighter variations since the vibrato has a very nice flutter on the fall and this would be more enticing with the slower rate of fall of the lighter versions. I will have to pickup some perch colours as its the only one I dont have but I know one thing for sure, my buddy and I were both fishing side by side with the same setups, I was using hot lime and he was trying natural shiner/golden shiner/firetiger and every single fish came on the hot lime, everytime we dropped down at the same time they would ALWAYS key in on the hot lime, it was actually pretty insane, unfortunately I only had one in my tackle box so I couldnt lend him the same colour vibarto As soon as I got home I had to order a few more in case I ever lose the one that I have hahaah (and so did he )

Thanks for the info, and I will have to see if I can find this hot lime color vibrato (though I don't recall I have ever saw it in stores), and try it out...

PMEmail PosterYahoo

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!