ยป Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Help targeting walleye
jignhookz
Posted: Feb 06, 2021 - 05:49 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10427

The snow just wont stop falling in my area, That's horrible news for a walker like myself. I think there is nearly a foot of new snow over the last 48 hours.

PMEmail Poster
canadadude
Posted: Feb 07, 2021 - 07:05 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 3164

Like others have said, top of the hump early morning or late evening, to fish it properly drill holes down the steep side and also down the less steep side of the structure. Drill your holes first thing in the morning and hole hop until you locate a fish or get bit, 10min a hole is all I give then move on down the structure. In the afternoon I'd set up on the 40' flat area just off the hump. Then as prime time begins in the evening start hole hoping again. If there are fish on the structure you should connect a some point, secret for me is to try and cover as much of structure as you can, so don't be afraid to put the auger to good use. I would also concentrate on the inside turns that surround the hump rather then the steep side going out to the really deep stuff for Walleye, for lake trout I would concentrate more on the steep drop. Anyway that's how I would approach it, you never know with fishing,if you ain't catching drill more holes hahahahaha

PMEmail Poster
newf-dog
Posted: Feb 08, 2021 - 08:17 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 9526

QUOTE (canadadude @ Feb 07, 2021 - 07:05 am)
Like others have said, top of the hump early morning or late evening, to fish it properly drill holes down the steep side and also down the less steep side of the structure. Drill your holes first thing in the morning and hole hop until you locate a fish or get bit, 10min a hole is all I give then move on down the structure. In the afternoon I'd set up on the 40' flat area just off the hump. Then as prime time begins in the evening start hole hoping again. If there are fish on the structure you should connect a some point, secret for me is to try and cover as much of structure as you can, so don't be afraid to put the auger to good use. I would also concentrate on the inside turns that surround the hump rather then the steep side going out to the really deep stuff for Walleye, for lake trout I would concentrate more on the steep drop. Anyway that's how I would approach it, you never know with fishing,if you ain't catching drill more holes hahahahaha

Couldnt say it any better than that. Feb is tough fishing but march is usually heats up. Wait for the ice to pop and it's not so slushy. North sides of the lakes get more sunlight/weed growth. Something else to consider when picking spots.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!