Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> wild turkey legs and thighs, what to do with them
sabmgb
Posted: Jun 01, 2023 - 02:58 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15901

Well I put the legs and thighs in a really big pot with cold water, onion, celery, salt pepper and some oregano. Brought to boil and turned down to simmer for 6 hours, added about 4 cups more water to keep full. poured water and stuff through strainer to recover all liquid, put meat aside. Liguid was for soup, meat was going to throw out, but wife came hom te and saw meat on counter cooling and tried some said it was good. So I deboned and removed all tendons then shredded all the meat and added Baby Rays regular BBQ sauce to make a pulled turkey was it ever good.

Today made the soup with the broth, added a bunch of veggies and browned 2 pieces of chicken and cut it up small cubes. Brought to boil turned down to simmer for 3 hours, then made egg noodles and put them in after I brought soul to boil for 20min.

PMEmail Poster
Seguin Fisher
Posted: Jun 01, 2023 - 07:16 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 9952

Sounds tasty! My neighbour got two this year and he did the thighs in the instant pot, and said it was the best “pulled turkey” sandwiches he’s ever had. We use our instant pot all the time, you can turn any old chunk of meat into fantastic pulled meat for that type thing in like 20 min. Best kitchen gadget we’ve bought in ages

PMEmail Poster
Smilee
Posted: Jun 02, 2023 - 07:05 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 11276

Nice! Will have to try!……

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel