» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lowrance Hook 4 Ice machine, anyone has one?
Flukes
Posted: Yesterday at 11:57 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15807

I ordered one of these units because it was on sale at Radioworld for only $149 (regular price was listed at $500..supposedly - https://www.radioworld.ca/product/low-00012...-000-12650-001). Since it was so cheap, I got one (just arrived today - took only 2 or 3 days...I live too far to make the trip to the store worth it so I paid for the shipping, which was about $26 and so much less than gas for me, never mind the driving time and part of it being in the GTA).
Anyway, I am curious if anyone has one of these and your opinion on the unit.
Note, this package comes with a portable bag (soft) case, a foam float for the transducer, an ice transducer, a standard 12V 7A rechargeable battery, charger, two small tackle boxes (the Plano types), some maps already installed and of course cables (for power and transducer).
I was surprised by the inclusion of the battery for that price. The transducer itself is about $100, the foam float for the transducer is about $15, battery and charger is about $40-75 (this is a Yuasa brand battery but the charger looks really cheap, which is not a problem as I have a much better charger already).
So it seemed like a real good deal for a simple ice fishing sonar. I hope it works reasonably well and that it was not a waste of time. I was thinking that it had to be better than a couple of very old and tough black/white sonars that I still have (and use) as they still work well and I have had no issues with either.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Flukes
Posted: Today at 12:03 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15807

...and it has GPS as well with some maps.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!