Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Pigeon lake help
Icemanjay
Posted: Sep 22, 2024 - 11:29 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13620

Hi guys I wasn’t gonna ask but here goes anyway.. my father in law and I are headed up fishing next weekend. The last couple of times we’ve fished pigeon it was kind of a bust and can’t seem to find walleye not many decent bass last time either. Don’t get me wrong we always get a few bass but it hasn’t been spectacular. We may try to troll around for a Muskie for a bit but will mainly be targeting bass/walleye. I found the boat traffic to be pretty heavy on the lake which I’m sure doesn’t help so I’m thinking since it’s later in the season maybe that won’t be as big of a factor. Anyone have any tips on pigeon for this time of year?

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Sep 24, 2024 - 03:38 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

Hopefully someone can give better advice than me. Took a look at the lake chart, and just off the top of my head. If I was ever to fish Pigeon Lake, it would be from Bald lake narrows over to Eels Creek. The top end of that lake looks like a gold mine (walleye). All those humps and steep drop offs. But like I said on my post, never been there.

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Sep 24, 2024 - 04:45 pm

Trophy Trout

Thanks I appreciate that, we did head up that way last year and it seemed promising, I think we’ll explore it more. It’s so different from the lakes I fish up north, I figure they must hang out in the weeds a lot there. We’ve caught them a couple times ripping bucktails through the weeds, I’m not too into that style though. Seems like it’s possible that it’s kept hush hush which I get. We’ll get out there and have a great time anyhow!

PMEmail Poster
VicFish
Posted: Sep 24, 2024 - 05:26 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 18505

I don't have Pigeon for this time of the year as I am usually only on it for the Walleye opener in May.

I always fish the South end of Pigeon by the mouth of the river and find trolling crankbaits to be the most productive for walleye. Purple Decent Rapala's have been the go to for the last few years. Black and silver or blue colours were the hot ones before. Jointed or original seem to be equally as effective.

Chartreuse or white Big-O cranks can also lead to fish I have found.

I can't see why these would be so effective in the spring time and be totally ignored in the fall, but maybe that's why I am a terrible fisherman, lol.

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Sep 24, 2024 - 05:55 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10648

100 years ago we used to fish for Wallies around the railway bridge but havent fished there in 98 years.

Arnie

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Icemanjay
Posted: Sep 24, 2024 - 07:31 pm

Trophy Trout

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated! I actually treated myself to a new rapala at crappy tire the other day. I think it’s just gonna be a learning process. I barely fish there but fish the parry sound area or Lake Ontario which are both completely different from pigeon. I’m guessing in spring and fall the walleye don’t mind coming in shallow along the weeds if the water is cool enough?

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Sep 24, 2024 - 07:34 pm

Trophy Trout

I think I’m gonna need to find a railway bridge

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!