ยป Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: «« < 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Joe
Flukes
Posted: Mar 03, 2024 - 09:41 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15807

Always good to be on the safe side and for sure, once you lose that confidence, it's not fun or enjoyable anymore so best not to go and have another year to do more when there is better ice. I was able to get out for shortish trips for the first half of the day on Friday, Sat. and today (early in the day usually has a bit better ice...and one would hope bites). The ice was holding up quite well - access area too. Friday's was great...and it was booming out there with some ice quakes too (and I got lots of vit.D to boot). Sat was good as well (still hard crusty ice on top for most of the morning). But today it was for sure getting soft on top to the step by about noon when I left today and lots of pools of water were forming and building....the positive overnight temps helped that process along for sure. Some areas, the "good solid" ice on the bottom also seemed to have more air bubbles than the last couple of days. My ice season is done. Slow for fish caught but it was good to get out about 10 times I think it was (even if they were all short trips) and none of the trips were to a familiar fishing spot so lots of learning and getting ready for next winter. Also it was very good to have crossed paths with few of the board members this winter. Good chats but you guys shortened my already short fishing trips

PMEmail Poster
THEMANOFG
Posted: Mar 08, 2024 - 10:50 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3429

Hey Folks - To follow up on my previous post on this thread about Joe and ice conditions last weekend, Ice was solid where I was and access on the property was ok (starting to get soft on Sunday when i left).

Fishing was active / lots of movement on the lowrance... Consistant cat and mouse chases.

Landed 13 but all in the Dink range - no big ones this weekend or even eaters at that. Weird - I wonder if the previous Thunderstorms (in February) moved them deeper. I was parked in 45-70 FOW moving frequently in the area as travel by foot was ideal. I was around some hums and shoals but could not find any decent sized ones.

Patiently waiting Ice out now to get the dock fishing going and the boat in early.

Any fellow memebrs on here, shoot me a DM if you are aware of ice out... My web cam on the boat house is not working and I do not plan to get up for a few weeks now.

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Mar 08, 2024 - 12:41 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

Check this link in a couple of days and I think you'll see it's all gone.

https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/?v=-84...-T16%3A59%3A38Z

Or you could launch at the N end any time. It's been open all winter.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: «« < 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!