» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Late season Rainbow, Looking for tips
Disco
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 - 01:47 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10908

Glad you caught something.

I once went for Splake in the winter to a lake stocked with 5000 per year for several years straight. I was ice fishing with a buddy. We made swish cheese of the lake and caught nothing all day. I then told another friend and he mentioned he and his two friends went to the same lake several times and got skunked.
I personally don’t hold stocking numbers in great regard when researching a lake.

PMEmail Poster
Backroadsfishing
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 - 06:03 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 14767

QUOTE (Knuguy @ Oct 26, 2021 - 09:09 am)
The black spots are a parasite. Unsightly when they are so many but quite harmless when cooked properly, as all freshwater fish should be.

PMEmail Poster
Backroadsfishing
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 - 06:10 pm

Lunker Trout

I'm starting to think the same thing. This is the third stocked lake I've fished this summer and no luck so far. I'll try them again in the winter and if they don't produce maybe it's time to move on to different lakea and species. I do well with bass, walleye and pike but not so well with trout.

Still have a lot to learn I guess.

PMEmail Poster
Drew
Posted: Oct 29, 2021 - 11:09 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 8190

You ever wonder if a highly stocked lake is there simply to distract attention from some other nearby good or fragile natural fishery?

PMEmail Poster
Backroadsfishing
Posted: Oct 30, 2021 - 03:29 pm

Lunker Trout

I thought that too. I contacted the MNRs biology officer prior to going out to ask some questions about the lake. He said it was their first time to stock it (fall 2020) with rainbows and has had no feedback yet.

He did mention that if they hear of very few rainbows being caught because of the bass then they will stop stocking the lake.

So...according to him, they should be there. I just can't catch them... Maybe I'll have better luck this winter.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!